Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

brits at the jersey shore, new jersey?

brits at the jersey shore, new jersey?

Old Jul 12th 2010, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

gayle_noronha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default brits at the jersey shore, new jersey?

Hi
Are there any brits in monmouth county area? I am from the uk, living at the jersey shore, looking to meet fellow brits who live nearby.
All the groups I have seen have been in NYC but I was looking a little closer to home.
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 9:56 pm
Just Joined

twixtpoles is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: brits at the jersey shore, new jersey?

It appears that there is a dirth of Brits in New Jersey, I am in Mercer County and I didn't get any response for my request for a meet-up.dirth.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 4:20 pm
Just Joined

JanisJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gayle_noronha
Hi
Are there any brits in monmouth county area? I am from the uk, living at the jersey shore, looking to meet fellow brits who live nearby.
All the groups I have seen have been in NYC but I was looking a little closer to home.
Hi Gayle, I am a brit living near the Jersey shore. Have been here 4 years now and also looking to meet fellow brits living nearby. I agree that most meet up groups seem to be in or around NY.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

miami078 is an unknown quantity at this point

Living in Verona NJ (Essex County)? Would love to hear of meet-ups. Been here just under a year and already incredibly homesick!
Old Feb 18th 2011, 7:48 am
Just Joined

x524x is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a random curious question for Brits in NJ. I'm sure some of you have encountered Guido/etts. How do they respond to such a alien accent? lol Don't mind my curiosity
Old Feb 18th 2011, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

made in sheffield has a brilliant futuremade in sheffield has a brilliant futuremade in sheffield has a brilliant futuremade in sheffield has a brilliant futuremade in sheffield has a brilliant futuremade in sheffield has a brilliant future

hi, i ,m living in Toms River ...i,ll be there if you could arrange a meet!
Old Feb 21st 2011, 1:05 pm
moi
Forum Regular

moi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond repute

My in laws are at Waretown - exit 69.
We are in Wanaque, near Ringwood/Oakland. Used to live in Upper Montclair. BTW there is an english shop in Montclair on Watchung Ave.
Let me know if you ever fancy a get together down the shore or up in Northern Jersey -----Joisey ( the guido/ette) lifestyle and speech is just ridiculous imho.
Old Apr 21st 2011, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

njmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nice

I am in Summit in NJ (Union County), kinda north central. Always up for a meeting if one happens.

London Food Company in Montclair is great, I was delighted when I found them when I lived here the first time.

Hope to see some or all of you soon
Old Apr 21st 2011, 10:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by njmackem
I am in Summit in NJ (Union County), kinda north central. Always up for a meeting if one happens.

London Food Company in Montclair is great, I was delighted when I found them when I lived here the first time.

Hope to see some or all of you soon
Have you tried Gary's Winestore in Madison sells British goodies?...as does the Irish Shop in Bridgewater Mall. King's and Super Stop n Shop also sell a few bits and pieces.
Old Apr 21st 2011, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

njmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Have you tried Gary's Winestore in Madison sells British goodies?...as does the Irish Shop in Bridgewater Mall. King's and Super Stop n Shop also sell a few bits and pieces.
I remember Gary's in Madison from when I first moved here in 2001 it was an absolute life saver. The Super Stop and Shop is that also in Madison??

My father-in-law to be tells me that the A&P in New Providence (off springfield ave) has a good chocolate section (including mint aero, yorkie and from what he gave me yesterday penguins).

Are you close to Madison yourself?
Old Apr 21st 2011, 10:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by njmackem
I remember Gary's in Madison from when I first moved here in 2001 it was an absolute life saver. The Super Stop and Shop is that also in Madison??

My father-in-law to be tells me that the A&P in New Providence (off springfield ave) has a good chocolate section (including mint aero, yorkie and from what he gave me yesterday penguins).

Are you close to Madison yourself?
Yes it's in the adjoining car park...you can't miss it.

I'm in Morris County...the nearest Gary's to me is Bernardsville. I sometimes pop into the Madison shop...especially if I'm in the Mall at SH.
Old Apr 21st 2011, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

I thought that might be the one.

I used to work at what was the Verizon building on Park Ave when I was here the first time.

I did notice that the Wine store on Springfield Ave, here in Summit no longer sells UK sweets which was a shame.
Old May 4th 2011, 10:12 pm
Just Joined

G.n.Tgirl is on a distinguished road

We also live in Summit and would love to meet up. All the ones I have seen lately have been the NYC ones and since we have kids, not sure that would work
Old May 12th 2011, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by G.n.Tgirl
We also live in Summit and would love to meet up. All the ones I have seen lately have been the NYC ones and since we have kids, not sure that would work
I am not working at the moment so I can tell you all the places I have found that stock English stuff. More than happy to meet up if you want. Would be nice to have some English friends close by.
Old May 18th 2011, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

LFC1005 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, I'm new to the site, Originally from Yorkshire and now living in Morristown NJ, would love to meet up with some fellow brits in the NJ area. I have 2 children 4 yrs and 10 months old.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.