Saudi work visa

Old Jan 5th 2023, 11:18 pm
Just Joined

Andkel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Saudi work visa

I have just had my police clearance cert back from ARCO with “no live trace” I have been asked to request a subject access request for any previous convictions.
Whilst I can only remember a caution when I was 16 for getting into trouble fighting, will this be cause for a rejection. I am currently waiting for the paper.

any advice please?
Old Jan 12th 2023, 10:41 am
Just Joined

WindowShopper88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Saudi work visa

Originally Posted by Andkel
I have just had my police clearance cert back from ARCO with “no live trace” I have been asked to request a subject access request for any previous convictions.
Whilst I can only remember a caution when I was 16 for getting into trouble fighting, will this be cause for a rejection. I am currently waiting for the paper.

any advice please?
I was in a similar position I received a reprimand when I was 14 years old. Like you, I did my ACRO and I got a return 'no live trace' and had to produce a subject access report. The subject access report will not just show convictions (including cautions, reprimands) but every time you have been arrested by the police, the reason and the outcome. This is kept on the PNC for your lifetime (however you can apply for it to get removed).

My advice would be to do what I did (since it worked), I accompanied my SAR with a cover letter. However, I had a very specific context. I'd be happy to share this with you via inbox (not the letter itself, but my context and reason for providing a cover letter). My visa was approved.

Ultimately its the discretion of those embassy staff. Good luck mate.

Old Jan 12th 2023, 11:00 am
Just Joined

WindowShopper88 thanks for the response, if you could share, that would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Old Jan 16th 2023, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

My visa agent told me to be upfront and honest bout anything that could crop up, as they weren't as strict as it seemed, but it would allow the agent to make the right noises before it was sent across.

I've never been naughty though, so didn't have to provide a second search.
Old Feb 24th 2023, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

Peanut12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by WindowShopper88
I was in a similar position I received a reprimand when I was 14 years old. Like you, I did my ACRO and I got a return 'no live trace' and had to produce a subject access report. The subject access report will not just show convictions (including cautions, reprimands) but every time you have been arrested by the police, the reason and the outcome. This is kept on the PNC for your lifetime (however you can apply for it to get removed).

My advice would be to do what I did (since it worked), I accompanied my SAR with a cover letter. However, I had a very specific context. I'd be happy to share this with you via inbox (not the letter itself, but my context and reason for providing a cover letter). My visa was approved.

Ultimately its the discretion of those embassy staff. Good luck mate.
WindowShopper88, I am in a similar position and my report came back as "no live trace". It was a caution for a minor offence some 15 years ago. I intend to write a cover letter to accompany my visa application. Would you be able to provide an tips on this? Thanking you in advance
Old Feb 24th 2023, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

Yes, i have received my visa. I followed the advice of windowshopper88 and enclosed a cover letter.
Old Feb 24th 2023, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

Thats great news! Would you be able to share the advice that was provide? It would be hugely helpful
Old Feb 24th 2023, 12:34 pm
Just Joined

see above message from windowshopper88.
Old Feb 24th 2023, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

Thanks
Old Mar 14th 2023, 9:59 pm
Just Joined

Emcgowan is an unknown quantity at this point

Would you be able to share?
Old Mar 16th 2023, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

oscarbravo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Peanut12
Thanks

Did it workout for you mate? I’m in the same boat…. Very anxious about it….
Old Mar 16th 2023, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

Hey mate,

My visa is currently processing. What I did do is enclose a cover letter which gives context around the offence. The subject access report is not very detailed so a letter is much needed. After that its out of your hands and its a waiting game.....
Old Mar 17th 2023, 1:21 am
Just Joined

oscarbravo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Peanut12
Hey mate,

My visa is currently processing. What I did do is enclose a cover letter which gives context around the offence. The subject access report is not very detailed so a letter is much needed. After that it’s out of your hands and its a waiting game.....

Good luck and fingers crossed it all goes smoothly. Are you doing this through an agent or applying directly? Did you have to legalise the ACRO through FCDO? I’m a UK expat in Dubai applying for KSA, I still haven’t been assigned an agent to work with I’m not even sure if the Police Certificate needs to be from the UK or from here since I’ve been out here for a couple of years….
Old Mar 17th 2023, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

Thanks mate. Think it will be another week and yes i am going through an agent. Although I am currently based in the UK. They may ask for two certs (UK and UAE). I would probably start collating info for the subject access report as that took me a month (im guessing like myself you will have “no live trace”)
Old Mar 21st 2023, 8:37 am
Just Joined

Alex86ES is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I am also in the same boat as I have had my certificate with "No Live Trace".

I saw some references to a letter and specific text, anyway someone can share this with me? I had an issue when I was 19 where I got fined £100 for common assault and not sure how the embassy would view this?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.