Riyadh Accommodation Costs

Old Jun 7th 2011, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

Smoggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Riyadh Accommodation Costs

Hi All

Would appreciate a bit of feedback on current accommodation costs for Riyadh.

What I've learnt so far is that it is difficult to get on a Western compound and that there are often waiting lists. Assuming that I live off compound what would I expect to pay monthly for a 2 bedroom apartment in a reasonable area?

Cheers
Old Jun 8th 2011, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Southlondoner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Riyadh Accommodation Costs

Hi Smoggy

I have been to Riyadh twice, for 2 separate interview processes.
Life is quite dull off compound in Riyadh. Nothing to do except eat out and go to shopping malls. As long as you are OK with that, rental costs are way cheaper outside compounds.

A decent 2 bedroom apartment in a central area like Olaya or Suleimaniyah will be between SAR 40,000 to SAR 50,000 per year.

Serviced 2 beds will be about SAR 70,000 to SAR 80,000. These will be furnished, and cleaned three times a week.

Vital to check these places out though. The standard of fittings and furnishing is way better on the compounds. For example, in many of the apartments outside the compounds, the shower and toilet are next to each other in the bathroom!

If you are willing to live in a south Asian area like Haraa, costs are lower still. Figure SAR 30k to 40k for a 2 bed.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

Southlondoner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Riyadh Accommodation Costs

Smoggy

A really useful website:

http://www.expatriates.com/classifieds/riy/

The Apartments on offer here frequently have good bargains.