Resume Feedback.

Old Oct 10th 2014, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

shake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really nice
Default Resume Feedback.

Hi All,

Canadian currently in the process of looking for jobs in the region (Dubai, Doha etc..). I have not had much luck and am wondering if it is my resume as I have over 10 years of experience with well known organizations and a Masters from a leading school here.

Does anyone know of a company or a local organization that might be able to review my resume and provide feedback? I know every market is different, can it be the format of my resume? I have had no issues getting attention from recruiters and firms in Toronto, Canada.

Appreciate your help.

Last edited by shake2000; Oct 10th 2014 at 7:28 pm. Reason: spelling!!
Old Oct 10th 2014, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Resume Feedback.

Which industry?
Old Oct 10th 2014, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

shake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really nice

Good question, sorry should have included that - Business Consulting/ Project/program Management
Education - 2 Bachelors (Commerce and Comp Sci) with a Masters in Information (Concentration - Systems and Design) - Certified Project Management Professional

Currently working as an independent Project Management consultant with a leading bank.
Old Oct 14th 2014, 11:24 pm
Just Joined

Expatriate is an unknown quantity at this point

There can be a number of reasons really - do not just blame your resume. I have been applying for jobs in the Middle East region for the past 2 months and have not received any positive responses yet (apart from 1).

I think Ramadan / Eid season slows down the process in that region, but things would surely pick up and you should be getting replies now.

All the best..
Old Oct 15th 2014, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

Thank you, that helps. Misery loves company..

Fingers crossed and all the best to you too. Lets keep each other posted!
Old Oct 19th 2014, 4:21 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by shake2000
Good question, sorry should have included that - Business Consulting/ Project/program Management
Education - 2 Bachelors (Commerce and Comp Sci) with a Masters in Information (Concentration - Systems and Design) - Certified Project Management Professional

Currently working as an independent Project Management consultant with a leading bank.
Don't take this the wrong way, but - is your CV good?

Working as a consultant at the moment, I'm assuming that's freelance stuff - so you probably do lots of contracts and it looks like you move jobs every 6-9-12 months?

This part of the world doesn't understand contract / freelance work at all, so hard one to explain.
Old Oct 20th 2014, 3:18 am
Forum Regular

Valid question Scamp. Is it any good? I have no idea to be honest, which is why I was asking if anyone knows an agency or person from the region that can review it. If it helps, I have not had any problem finding work here using the CV in question.

I actually just recently started consulting work, before that I was in the same organization for about 7 years. I should however confess I moved a lot within the organization and do not have experience in the same role for over 2 years, all changes were promotions.

I started consulting (independent contract) work 6 months bacj which should last 1 year at a minmum, assuming I don't do anything stupid

Hope this helps.