Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

ppp uae adec advisory teaching post

ppp uae adec advisory teaching post

Old Apr 24th 2010, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

Barry_432 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ppp uae adec advisory teaching post

Originally Posted by Little Toot
Just an up date on your friendly replies and advice. I have now accepted a teaching post at a good British curriculum school in AD. Thought it was best to get my foot on the ladder. I know this won't be as lucrative as the PPP posts, and that I am well overqualified, but coming here is a leap of faith in itself. So... I decided to stick with what I know and let my hubby do all the hard work... for now! Not that being a class teacher is easy! But it's what I know.
Did you fnd out any more about the PPP project
Old Apr 24th 2010, 1:56 pm
Just Joined

Barry_432 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mathematist
has anyone also heard of taleem edison learning? What are they like to work for? They too have a few advisory jobs going. Thanks

Thanks
I'd be interested in this too. Not sure about the rate of pay for an Assistant Lead Advisor as it was not fixed.

As a single guy with accomodation included how much do I need to live on per month - trying to work how much I can save (use to fund the UK mortgage)
Old Apr 24th 2010, 3:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

hearing rumours about some changes at BISAD, so perhaps look at nord anglia for answers.
Old Apr 25th 2010, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

Little Toot is an unknown quantity at this point

One member on this thread - Holking- knows quite a bit and has had a good experience with these jobs. Dave's ESL cafe forum is also a good stop for more info about the different providers. I have decided it's not the right career path for me. Good luck with your applications- whatever else it's a new experience in a different country and culture.
Old Apr 26th 2010, 5:35 pm
Just Joined

kaz lou abu dhabi is an unknown quantity at this point

Bbb2 - as bisad and PPP projects are different elements of nord anglia why are you linking the 2 together? Why would one provide answers relating to the other, just curious!
Old Apr 27th 2010, 4:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kaz lou abu dhabi
Bbb2 - as bisad and PPP projects are different elements of nord anglia why are you linking the 2 together? Why would one provide answers relating to the other, just curious!
because their senior leadership team are "changing" so i am hearing, so maybe that would be another option for people thats all.
Old Dec 18th 2010, 5:48 am
Forum Regular

mamijaka is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I am new to this. can you help with any advice. Just secured a CPT post with SSAT in Al Ain. have you head of them? teachaway forwarded my application to them. I just need to talk to other Partnership teachers on what to expect. I am due to begin in Jan 2011. ant help will be most appreciated.
Originally Posted by mathematist
Little Toot, you'd be way qualified I'd have thought and should go for an even more senior position, such as Lead Advisor.

Go for it!!!

Which part of England are you currently teaching in?

PM if I can help more.
Old Dec 18th 2010, 5:51 am
Forum Regular

hello barry, any advisw? I just got an Advisory postion with SSAT in Al Ain to begin in Jan 2011. contarct seems good. do I need to bring resources from London? how do I go about arranging all the expenses required be4 my arrival? my husband and son will only join me in the summer so he completes his Y9 here. thanks a billion. just need some reassurances and talk to others already in AD
Originally Posted by Barry_432
I'd be interested in this too. Not sure about the rate of pay for an Assistant Lead Advisor as it was not fixed.

As a single guy with accomodation included how much do I need to live on per month - trying to work how much I can save (use to fund the UK mortgage)
Old Dec 18th 2010, 5:52 am
Forum Regular

Are you there already? I have been offered 225000 AED. I too need to fund a UK mortgage???? any advice would be great!!
Originally Posted by Barry_432

Old Dec 18th 2010, 3:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

What does an advisor do?
Old Dec 18th 2010, 3:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by mamijaka
hello barry, any advisw? I just got an Advisory postion with SSAT in Al Ain to begin in Jan 2011. contarct seems good. do I need to bring resources from London? how do I go about arranging all the expenses required be4 my arrival? my husband and son will only join me in the summer so he completes his Y9 here. thanks a billion. just need some reassurances and talk to others already in AD
expenses before arrival, be careful as there is where people have come unstuck.
Old Dec 18th 2010, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

sorry I did not quite get what you mean by 'expeneses... get stuck' . Could you please explain a bit more? thanks in advance...
Originally Posted by busybee2
expenses before arrival, be careful as there is where people have come unstuck.
Old Dec 18th 2010, 5:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

sorry I did not quite get what you mean by 'expeneses... get stuck' . Could you please explain a bit more? thanks in advance...
you spend money setting things up and there is no job when you get here
Old Dec 18th 2010, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

Oh actually I have already been sent the contract and start date. I just wanted to know what the availability of teaching resources they have there are or whether I should bring along mine as much as possible. Do you know of any advisory teachers you can link me up with... who work for ADEC or any of the other providers in Al Ain? They are anxious I arrive early in January although I am not sure I can be ready before the end of January.
Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
you spend money setting things up and there is no job when you get here
Old Dec 18th 2010, 6:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh actually I have already been sent the contract and start date. I just wanted to know what the availability of teaching resources they have there are or whether I should bring along mine as much as possible. Do you know of any advisory teachers you can link me up with... who work for ADEC or any of the other providers in Al Ain? They are anxious I arrive early in January although I am not sure I can be ready before the end of January.
have you been to al ain? have you spoken with them?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.