Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

ppp uae adec advisory teaching post

ppp uae adec advisory teaching post

Old Mar 27th 2010, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

mathematist will become famous soon enough
Default ppp uae adec advisory teaching post

has anybody been given job offers from cfbt, nord, ssat or any other providers in education? They're being vague with the whole thing. Thanks.
Old Mar 28th 2010, 5:05 am
Just Joined

Abu El Banat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ppp uae adec advisory teaching post

I'm not directly involved but I know that the companies are completely at the mercy of a leaden-footed bureaucracy. They are not provided with firm details of contracts/schools etc. until the last minute and therefore cannot move past provisional employment offers until they know where they stand.

In short, the companies are doing their best in extremely difficult circumstances. It's clearly not in their interest to keep prospective employees waiting and wondering but...

Having said that, the projects are important and the work is satisfying. Good luck with it.
Old Mar 28th 2010, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

thanks for that. Well, I do know that others have been put off by the whole thing and have withdrawn due to not having enough info.

Just a matter of waiting to see what happens. Thanks again.
Old Mar 28th 2010, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

Little Toot is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. I am also in teaching, looking to move to AD in August. My husband will start work in April. How did you find this vacancy? Are you using recruitment agencies?
Old Mar 28th 2010, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

Do you mean the teaching advisory position? It's not a teaching post but coaching/mentoring native teachers in their schools.

These are the types of positions I mean here

and here
Cheers
Old Mar 28th 2010, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks. They look interesting. I have been a Deputy Head for four years with leadership experience at my previous school too. I have mentored NQTs and have delivered training to staff and ITT students on numerous occasions. Wonder if I would be qualified? I suppose applying won't hurt!?
Old Mar 29th 2010, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

Holking is just really niceHolking is just really niceHolking is just really niceHolking is just really niceHolking is just really niceHolking is just really niceHolking is just really niceHolking is just really nice

Originally Posted by Little Toot
Thanks. They look interesting. I have been a Deputy Head for four years with leadership experience at my previous school too. I have mentored NQTs and have delivered training to staff and ITT students on numerous occasions. Wonder if I would be qualified? I suppose applying won't hurt!?
You would definitely qualify. PM me if you want more details about different companies
Old Mar 29th 2010, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

Little Toot, you'd be way qualified I'd have thought and should go for an even more senior position, such as Lead Advisor.

Go for it!!!

Which part of England are you currently teaching in?

PM if I can help more.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

Hi
Thanks guys. I will PM you, but need to make one more post as I am a new member!
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

has anyone also heard of taleem edison learning? What are they like to work for? They too have a few advisory jobs going. Thanks

Thanks
Old Apr 7th 2010, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

Just an up date on your friendly replies and advice. I have now accepted a teaching post at a good British curriculum school in AD. Thought it was best to get my foot on the ladder. I know this won't be as lucrative as the PPP posts, and that I am well overqualified, but coming here is a leap of faith in itself. So... I decided to stick with what I know and let my hubby do all the hard work... for now! Not that being a class teacher is easy! But it's what I know.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 6:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Just an up date on your friendly replies and advice. I have now accepted a teaching post at a good British curriculum school in AD. Thought it was best to get my foot on the ladder. I know this won't be as lucrative as the PPP posts, and that I am well overqualified, but coming here is a leap of faith in itself. So... I decided to stick with what I know and let my hubby do all the hard work... for now! Not that being a class teacher is easy! But it's what I know.
which one give us a clue as to the "good". has it been around for a long time, and is in town. or has been around a long time and is not in town. or has it been only a few years?
Old Apr 9th 2010, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

It's a good one "off island"; been around for a little time. Looking at your posts, I think it is one you would recommend!
Old Apr 9th 2010, 4:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

It's a good one "off island"; been around for a little time. Looking at your posts, I think it is one you would recommend!
r yes with the head Mr M, and been around for what say 2 years perhaps.
Old Apr 24th 2010, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

Barry_432 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm interested in the PPP project and have put an application in with Taleem Edison as an Assistant Lead Advisor - had a telephone interview and they have taken references and set a log in account so I can upload all the information for UAE immigration.

Does this mean they are interested? Seem to be waiting on them securing the new contracts. Am a DH in the UK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.