Physio's in Middle East

Old Mar 31st 2014, 7:13 am
Just Joined

pipsqueak78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Physio's in Middle East

Hi,

Are there any physio's working in the middle east who can shed some light on what it is like to live out there, working/living conditions etc, particularly for a single white female. Any info on any middle eastern country would be much appreciated! Im not sure where to start looking and was wondering if the living restrictions are different in each country and where would be the easiest place to relocate to. Also is it easy to save money working as a physio out there?? Any info would be very much appreciated!! Many thanks x
Old Mar 31st 2014, 7:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Physio's in Middle East

You missed posting in the job discussions forum. Got everywhere else covered though!
Old Mar 31st 2014, 7:23 am
Just Joined

Im not doing a very good job here! Have only just joined the site and haven't found my way round it properly! Did you mean I need to post that message on the job discussion forum?? If so, thank you for the tip!
Old Mar 31st 2014, 12:50 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Physio's what?
Old Mar 31st 2014, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

Robajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Meow
Physio's what?
I was wondering how long it would be before you noticed that...
Old Apr 1st 2014, 9:34 am
Just Joined

It would be nice to get some useful replies!
Old Apr 1st 2014, 9:44 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pipsqueak78
It would be nice to get some useful replies!
It would be nice to know what you're talking about. Physiotherapists?
Old Apr 1st 2014, 11:07 am
Just Joined

Yes Physiotherapists... Physiotherapist is generally shortened to Physio, sorry for the confusion. Do you have any experience of working as a physiotherapist in the middle east? Or can you offer any information on the practicalities of living in the middle east and which country/countries would be the easiest to relocate to as a single white female? Any info would be gratefully received.
Old Apr 6th 2014, 11:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

All the ones I came across in KSA were Filipinos. Working for Filipino salaries.
Old Apr 6th 2014, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by scot47
All the ones I came across in KSA were Filipinos. Working for Filipino salaries.
Yep, they are in short supply in Riyadh apparently. A mate had trouble finding one, then finally when he got there, Fili girls who weren't allowed to touch him. Hot towels only and a sonic pen only or something like that. Needless to say he didn't get better.

Now, male physio's, they may be useful here, if somewhere is prepared to pay western wages of course. They're not that enlightened unfortunately.
Old Apr 6th 2014, 5:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

UAE is fine for a single, white phsyco.
Old Apr 8th 2014, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Pipsqueak, I used to know some Physiotherapists in Riyadh. They used to work directly for members of the royal family. They were male though. Never the less, you could always try to go through some agencies that supply help to those families. I do not know the names of those, but I am sure you can find them on line.

other than that there is ASPIRE / ASPETAR in Qatar....but again, I am not sure if they employ female physiotherapists.
Good luck!

Oh....and before I forget...if I were you I would think very hard about wanting to work as a female physio in the Middle East...there are some pretty nasty stories going around.
Old Apr 14th 2014, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

Thank you Alexa and sorry for the delay. I had given up coming on the site as I seemed to get ridiculous replies so thank you for yours! I had actually just come across Aspetar about half an hour ago when i was browsing on the internet so thank you I will get my CV to them and explore that further. Hope you are well and thanks again.