Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

new job with etihad rail and DB schenker

new job with etihad rail and DB schenker

Old Nov 22nd 2013, 5:34 pm
Just Joined

Hutchy1984 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new job with etihad rail and DB schenker

hi there i have been offered a job with etihad rail & db schenker but still yet to here from there HR with regards to my contract this has been over six weeks now we are sitting ducks at the moment waiting to go is there anyone else in the same boat as me and have any idea when our proposed start date is?
i have been told in arabia everything takes a life time any help would be great
Old Nov 23rd 2013, 6:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new job with etihad rail and DB schenker

Originally Posted by Hutchy1984
hi there i have been offered a job with etihad rail & db schenker but still yet to here from there HR with regards to my contract this has been over six weeks now we are sitting ducks at the moment waiting to go is there anyone else in the same boat as me and have any idea when our proposed start date is?
yep that happens here all the time... just have to wait and wait and wait. its not called the muddle east for a reason.
Old Nov 25th 2013, 8:31 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by busybee2
yep that happens here all the time... just have to wait and wait and wait. its not called the muddle east for a reason.
They are quite good here but everything goes through Germany where they are, apparently, not too quick / helpful.
Old Mar 31st 2014, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

rab_ali is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hutchy1984
Hutchy did you get the job sorted in the end? I'm looking at some roles there with DB. Wanted to ask if they're making you pay UK tax or not?