Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

M&E Group in kuwait (advice needed)

M&E Group in kuwait (advice needed)

Old Jul 31st 2010, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

spoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nice
Cool Re: M&E Group in kuwait (advice needed)

Originally Posted by Highway19
Hi guys good luck with the job. I have just sent my CV off to M&E today. How long does the process take from sending application to job offer? Closing date is 30th July so just in time.
Also how is the job going Spoilt and have you found out if M&E are telling the truth about pay, accommodation etc. Thanks
bob the builder is now here, pay goes in on time, got my first pay friday - £1276.76 for 9 (12hour) shifts, paid tax and NI because M&E is a UK registered company, like i told bob, lot of waiting to get badged - upto 2 weeks (you dont start earning untill you are at the ITT (Employer in Kuwait), program of events

badging - upto 2 weeks
training day - classroom (9 hours)
then go to ITT day after
then wait for Upgrading of badges for all US Locations/Camps and Learners Permit (Cant drive untill you get this), Can take a while but you will be ground guiding (4 to a hett, 2 for a 915), you walk the vehicle round the camp or you are guiding vehicles onto the trailers. Otherwise sat around twiddling your thumbs.

If you get bored easily, THIS IS NOT THE JOB FOR YOU, you need patience and to be calm at all times. no point coming if you blow up at the slightest thing.

I sent my application in on the friday and flew on the following wednesday?, quick enough for you, lol, bring list i mentioned before and you should be alright for first 3 weeks. you can go into the american px for food etc once you have been batched, untill then you will have to go down town, transport to go there not a problem. Thats all for now, Need my sleep.

Ps = ITT TYPICAL DAY

4am i get up, shower, have some cereal
445am minibus leaves for camp/work
530am - 6am dropped off at internal minibus stop, travel to and start work at 6am
9-10am - line vehicles up for loading, upto 6 people normally (40 blokes out here so far)
10 - 1145am chill in sun - bloody hot, drink lots of water, keep cool where you can
1145am - finished loading (2ish) loading vehicles or driving them on if you have learners permit
finish loading - half hour/ forty five mins dinner
dinner - 620pm possible ground guiding or briefing on units / trailers etc
620 - 640pm heading for bus to get out of camp
640 leave for home
730 ish arrive home

LONG HOURS GETTING BORED DURING DAY.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

spoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nice
Question Re: M&E Group in kuwait (advice needed)

quick update: Accommodation is located in egaila (not sure if spelt right?), Job going Okay, Started driving on Local Roads with a 915 (US Army GFE) Truck with another Driver (who has full US Licence), not a bad run.

TO THE KUWAITI DRIVER that cut me up (40FT ARTIC CARRYING A HEAVY LOAD) whilst out doing this run - your an ****ole.

Not that he's liable to be on this site. The Locals dont seem to have any concept of road safety at all or is that just the bloke who cut me up.

I saw a women with a kid in her lap driving the car or rather letting her kid drive?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw a car go from the far outside lane straight to the right turn off junction making a coach slam on and didnt even stop to say sorry?!!!

DRIVING SEEMS VERY DANGEROUS OUT HERE, Might need to speak to company to renegotiate HAZARD DRIVING CONDITIONS PAY.

I'm sticking to driving trucks only, I want to survive kuwait, taking a risk now as a passenger in a minibus - car drivers keep trying to make our driver slam no matter how careful he is.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: M&E Group in kuwait (advice needed)

RE The driving. Welcome to the sand pit.
Dont worry its not just in Kuwait
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

Talking Re: M&E Group in kuwait (advice needed)

Originally Posted by coffindodger
RE The driving. Welcome to the sand pit.
Dont worry its not just in Kuwait
THAT DONT MAKE ME FEEL ANY BETTER, LOL, BUT THANKS ANYWAY
Old Aug 9th 2010, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

COOPER1979 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Folks,

Many thanks for all the information that you all have posted on here been fascinating reading.

I also have registered with M&E Group and as of today been given security approval. Question is does anyone have any ideas if anymore drivers are going to be requested any time soon?

I am sitting at home waiting for the call.

Any inside info would be greatly appreciated.

Thx C.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by COOPER1979
Hi Folks,

Many thanks for all the information that you all have posted on here been fascinating reading.

I also have registered with M&E Group and as of today been given security approval. Question is does anyone have any ideas if anymore drivers are going to be requested any time soon?

I am sitting at home waiting for the call.

Any inside info would be greatly appreciated.

Thx C.
Job Availability is dependant on current drivers in kuwait leaving, within next week, should find out if any more are leaving. As far as i am aware, M&E Group now has a full compliment of drivers out here, but some drivers are talking about leaving once paid on friday.

One for you.

If some do leave, and you are offered the job, YOU MAY HAVE TO GO AT SHORT NOTICE, LIKE WITHIN 48 HOURS, BE AWARE OF THIS.

I'm online most nights and can be reached at [email protected] if you want any more info, cya
Old Aug 12th 2010, 9:43 pm
Just Joined

wedge6063 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Just wondered if you'd heard anymore about anyone leaving!! going to call the office tomorrow to see whats occuring!! let me know if you hear owt if you dont mind mate

Wedge
Old Aug 13th 2010, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=wedge6063;8773360]Hi

Just wondered if you'd heard anymore about anyone leaving!!

Okay, Just an Update,

Still waiting to see if any drivers are going to leave, Two are for Definate, probably end of next week (One Due to badge running outand the other Due to Job in UK? - Why Come out?)

Point to Note

If you have worked out here on Camp Arifjan at some point this year, you will only be able to work for the remaining days you had left after you finished with your previous company (deduct days worked from 180 Days), One guy is going home because he has ran out of allowed work days.

Nothing Else has changed really, what i have written so far is still the most upto date info apart from Duration to Badging/ Working - We have a guy out here who is into his third Week waiting to be Badged - He should be getting paid 6 Hours a Day at $21.25ph from the Start of the Third Week. Not a lot i'm Afraid bearing in Mind that you Still pay Tax and Nat Ins but EVERY LITTLE HELPS!.
Old Aug 14th 2010, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

cabbagegreen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wedge6063
Hi

Just wondered if you'd heard anymore about anyone leaving!! going to call the office tomorrow to see whats occuring!! let me know if you hear owt if you dont mind mate

Wedge
just to let you know i got cleared 3 weeks ago told i was 21 in list of 43 and still waiting not looking good
Old Aug 15th 2010, 5:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cabbagegreen
just to let you know i got cleared 3 weeks ago told i was 21 in list of 43 and still waiting not looking good
Sounds about right, with all positions filled, only vacancys are going to be if anyone here decides to jack it in and go home.

One flew out Yesterday, another due to leave next week i think, thats all i've heard so far.

I WONT DENY ANYONE THE CHANCE TO WORK OUT HERE, SO HERE IS THE EMAIL FOR THE OTHER EMPLOYER OUT HERE, TXM

[email protected]

I believe they might be after drivers as well, but not 100% sure, if not here, they might have work in afganistan.

Give them a try.

Dont know what there like as an employer tho!!!!
Old Aug 16th 2010, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=spoilt1033;8778017]Sounds about right

[B]THINGS NOT TO DO WHEN CHAINING UP[/B

DONT HAVE BOTH FEET ON SIDE OF TRAILER WHILST TRYING TO PULL SECURING BAR DOWN WITH YOUR HANDS - YOU WILL SUDDENLY FIND YOURSELF NO LONGER TENSIONED AGAINST THE TRAILER AND WILL SUDDENLY ATTEMPT A BACKWARDS 3/4 PIROET INTO THE SAND. (TOLD BY THOSE WATCHING THAT I SCORED A 9.9)?

WHEN THROWING A CHAIN OVER A LOAD TO THE OTHER SIDE, REMEMBER THAT WHEN YOU LET GO, THERE IS NOTHING HOLDING YOU IN PLACE WHERE YOUR STOOD. (SCORED A 9.2 FOR THE SECOND ATTEMPT)

AND THEY ARE CORRECT WHEN THEY SAY IT COMES IN THREES

WHILST ASLEEP AT END OF LONG PAINFULL SHIFT, TRY NOT TO FALL OUT OF YOUR BED LIKE I DID AT 11AM

ITS BLOODY PAINFULL

BIRTHDAY BOY IS GONNA TRY THE SLEEP THING AGAIN BUT IS GONNA TRY TO REMAIN IN THE BLOODY BED THIS TIME, CYA ALL
Old Aug 16th 2010, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

Burdash is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: M&E Group in kuwait (advice needed)

AYUP PAL , thanks for the email regarding advice much appreciated, just waiting for a phonecall myself now, mite see you soon have a good birthday tho if you can ?
Old Aug 16th 2010, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Burdash
AYUP PAL , thanks for the email regarding advice much appreciated, just waiting for a phonecall myself now, mite see you soon have a good birthday tho if you can ?
NO BEER AND IN PAIN, NOT LIKELY, THANKS ANYWAY THO, LOL
Old Aug 19th 2010, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

wedge6063 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all
my lovely bald bear is on his way out to you guys, (he left today and should be there fri morning) i would really appreciate it if you could let me know when he arrives safely!! he's gone with phone in tow but you know what it's like (signal/networks etc)..... good luck lads and have fun oh and Wedge we love ya loads and come back in one piece plz......
Thanks guys xx
Old Aug 20th 2010, 4:19 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=wedge6063;8788796]Hi all
my lovely bald bear is on his way out to you guys, (he left today and should be there fri morning) i would really appreciate it if you could let me know when he arrives safely!! he's gone with phone in tow but you know what it's like (signal/networks etc)..... good luck lads and have fun oh and Wedge we love ya loads and come back in one piece plz......
Thanks guys xx[/QUOTE

If he left thu night, he should be turning up anytime now, if you read this or have any questions, my names Keith and you'll find me in room 5, Block 9

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.