Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Old May 17th 2018, 10:51 pm
Just Joined

Downhillonly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Originally Posted by Mrcouva1977
Nothing. They went silent
For what it is worth, I have been in the process for well north of a year for a head of asset class position and they have "gone silent" on me multiple times. The longest was over 9 months. I dropped out on them once and they keep coming back. It has reached the point where the recruiter and I just laugh each time they reach out to see if I am still interested. Trying to force the process with SWFs in the ME is like trying to push a string - they will move at their pace.
Old May 19th 2018, 2:32 am
Just Joined

joey97 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Downhillonly
For what it is worth, I have been in the process for well north of a year for a head of asset class position and they have "gone silent" on me multiple times. The longest was over 9 months. I dropped out on them once and they keep coming back. It has reached the point where the recruiter and I just laugh each time they reach out to see if I am still interested. Trying to force the process with SWFs in the ME is like trying to push a string - they will move at their pace.
It's helpful to hear this.
Old May 19th 2018, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

pupdawg82 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am done with two rounds and awaiting for more info about next steps. I am wondering if invitation to AD would be a done deal or they usually invite top 2-3 people and select the best.

Is someone here invited to AD but didn't get the offer? Just curious.

Thanks
Old May 19th 2018, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

What would you call "a round?" I've gone through so many steps - two interviews with the recruiter, four ADIA phone interviews, one in person interview, and the assessment - that I have no idea where I am in this process.
Old May 19th 2018, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

Two rounds (exclusing tests) one with manager and second with manager, director and head of department.

My question was if invitation to AD comes , does it mean you are 90% there and now culture fit would be the last thing that 14-16 people will decide during the meetings/ interviews in AD?
Old May 31st 2018, 4:24 am
Just Joined

AK365 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,
Please allow me to say that experiences shared in this blog are very helpful for some who had no Idea about ADIA hiring process. So, Thank You to all of you who took time to share their experiences. I am from US and recently I have been interviewed for a P2 (Senior analyst). From this blog and my recent experience I figured that ADIA interview process is going to take months. I am in middle of interview with few good companies locally and want to evaluate my options.

Most of folks in this blog are from UK(Obviously coz I am on BritishExpats) and CA and their comparisons are mostly with the cost of living and Taxes in city like London or Toronto.
  1. I wanted to know if there are any American especially from East Coast. If so how is your experience so far when it comes to compensation.
  2. From this blog I see that home allowance for P2 is 180K/year. However, when I look at decent Villa there is nothing in that range.
  3. Can anyone recommend good neighborhood and School with American Curriculum. I just need to google the area, commute and cost and then compare it with my current US salary.
  4. Another silly question, as per monthly pay is concern can a IT person with P2 role can get $30K/ month?
  5. Expat benefit allowance - 4.5k/9k. Single/married rate paid monthly.” Is this only for people with P3 title or P2 are also entitled for it ?
Thanks,

AK
Old Jun 1st 2018, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AK365
Hello,
Please allow me to say that experiences shared in this blog are very helpful for some who had no Idea about ADIA hiring process. So, Thank You to all of you who took time to share their experiences. I am from US and recently I have been interviewed for a P2 (Senior analyst). From this blog and my recent experience I figured that ADIA interview process is going to take months. I am in middle of interview with few good companies locally and want to evaluate my options.

Most of folks in this blog are from UK(Obviously coz I am on BritishExpats) and CA and their comparisons are mostly with the cost of living and Taxes in city like London or Toronto.
  1. I wanted to know if there are any American especially from East Coast. If so how is your experience so far when it comes to compensation.
  2. From this blog I see that home allowance for P2 is 180K/year. However, when I look at decent Villa there is nothing in that range.
  3. Can anyone recommend good neighborhood and School with American Curriculum. I just need to google the area, commute and cost and then compare it with my current US salary.
  4. Another silly question, as per monthly pay is concern can a IT person with P2 role can get $30K/ month?
  5. Expat benefit allowance - 4.5k/9k. Single/married rate paid monthly.” Is this only for people with P3 title or P2 are also entitled for it ?
Thanks,

AK
I am in the east coast and going through interview process. What stage are you in? Are you done with pyschometric tests?

I still do not have any compensation info but recruiter has asked me to provide last three years of compensation history.

Numbers posted here are from 2012-2014 time frame and I would expect it to go little up ( inflation) but could be wrong.

Google for school.

30k AED is possible assuming you are making less than that now in US. They will offer little bump than what you are making now else there is no point to move imo.

Allowance is part of package and you will get it. Not sure if it would be 9k/ month.
Old Jun 1st 2018, 3:51 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by pupdawg82
I am in the east coast and going through interview process. What stage are you in? Are you done with pyschometric tests?

I still do not have any compensation info but recruiter has asked me to provide last three years of compensation history.

Numbers posted here are from 2012-2014 time frame and I would expect it to go little up ( inflation) but could be wrong.

Google for school.

30k AED is possible assuming you are making less than that now in US. They will offer little bump than what you are making now else there is no point to move imo.

Allowance is part of package and you will get it. Not sure if it would be 9k/ month.
Thanks Pupdawg82. I just had one VC yet. No, I am not invited for pyschometric test yet. My recruter didn't give me any numbers either. I just made them by reading this blog and I agree numbers here are from 2012-2014 and considering inflation less then 30k is not going to be enough. I don't think they can match my US income neither I am expecting that from them. I work as a consultant and freelancer so a lot of side income for me.☺
I Googled for school and found bunch of them however, still wanted to hear from someone who has kids in school.
BTW what is middle office role?are you also going for P2 level? Seems like your in between interviews but stI'll got pretty good handle on process. Have you been to AD before?

Last edited by AK365; Jun 1st 2018 at 3:51 am. Reason: Typos
Old Jun 1st 2018, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Pupdawg82. I just had one VC yet. No, I am not invited for psychometric test yet. My recruiter didn't give me any numbers either. I just made them by reading this blog and I agree numbers here are from 2012-2014 and considering inflation less then 30k is not going to be enough. I don't think they can match my US income neither I am expecting that from them. I work as a consultant and freelancer so a lot of side income for me.☺
I Googled for school and found bunch of them however, still wanted to hear from someone who has kids in school.
BTW what is middle office role?are you also going for P2 level? Seems like your in between interviews but stI'll got pretty good handle on process. Have you been to AD before?
I am interviewing for Product Manager role for them. I am not sure about the level but I think it will be P2 or P3 (more on P3 I guess). I visited UAE for fun before and Dubai was awesome.

Good luck!
Old Jun 4th 2018, 3:41 am
Just Joined

Thanks Pupdawg82 and Good Luck. Like others, I am going to try to update as I move along in my interview process.
Old Jun 19th 2018, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

Any update from folks who are in the process? They definitely know how to test patience
Old Jun 19th 2018, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by pupdawg82
Any update from folks who are in the process? They definitely know how to test patience
You are on hold since Jan 2018.Correct?. Howe did you're Assessment go? Did you get feedback after your Assessment? Was it easy of really difficult.
Old Jun 19th 2018, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

Nope, still silence. I think the last time I heard from anyone was in mid May. The feedback I got at the time was good (indicated that a trip to AD was coming) but the lack of any check ins has been frustrating.
Old Jun 19th 2018, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

You are on hold since Jan 2018.Correct?. Howe did you're Assessment go? Did you get feedback after your Assessment? Was it easy of really difficult.
Got positive feedback after that and was selected for next round. Awaiting feedback from the next round now.

Test was challenging in terms of time management, but doable.
Old Jun 19th 2018, 9:19 pm
Just Joined

I got my assessment feedback about 10 days after I finished. I thought the testing part of the assessment (verbal, math, and logic) was quite easy and there was enough time so that I didn't feel rushed. IIRC, I was able to go back and review all my answers before I submitted. The interview was standard stuff and the role play was fun. The situations were interesting, felt like the real world, and the people on the other side acted fairly. No bit surprises or gotcha moments. Just be yourself.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.