Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Old May 7th 2017, 6:28 am
BE Enthusiast

dominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Originally Posted by s.1988
I am currently applying for ADIA and will have my 3rd interview with the deputy director of HR. any tips? my recruiter told me its only me and someone else now so I don't know whom will make it!

position is p2 so can you provide advice on the expected package details? and whether the housing is paid or is it "use it or loose it"?
No tips I can add to what's been said before further up this thread.

I can't help on the package. It varies hugely depending on your role, your passport, current salary...

Housing package at ADIA you always have the choice to take it as cash. The package is decent so you can either get a large top end place, or else get a cheaper or smaller place and take the difference in cash. That's what many people do.
Old May 10th 2017, 3:21 pm
Just Joined

s.1988 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dominoman
No tips I can add to what's been said before further up this thread.

I can't help on the package. It varies hugely depending on your role, your passport, current salary...

Housing package at ADIA you always have the choice to take it as cash. The package is decent so you can either get a large top end place, or else get a cheaper or smaller place and take the difference in cash. That's what many people do.
thanks, any insights on the salary scale foe that level and benefits?
Old May 16th 2017, 4:57 am
JSB
Just Joined

JSB is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all - I have read a lot about lack progression once you're in? So is my understanding that if you go in as an I2 or P2 position, that is your position for your time there? Is this correct?

Last edited by JSB; May 16th 2017 at 6:35 am.
Old May 16th 2017, 6:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JSB
Hi all - I have read a lot about lack progression once your in? So is my understanding that if you go in as a I2 or P2 position, that is your position for your time there? Is this correct?
Career progression is dependent on understanding the difference between your and you're.
Old May 16th 2017, 6:36 am
JSB
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Career progression is dependent on understanding the difference between your and you're.
Tough crowd......fair play though. 😀

Last edited by JSB; May 16th 2017 at 6:39 am.
Old May 16th 2017, 7:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JSB
Tough crowd......fair play though. 😀
Haha. Yeh. It's a tough crowd here. You passed

Career progression is always a bit limited in the local gulf institutions. They pay a premium for what you bring not to train or grow you.

Stay too long and it actively works against you.
Old May 16th 2017, 7:28 am
JSB
Just Joined

Haha. Yeh. It's a tough crowd here. You passed

Career progression is always a bit limited in the local gulf institutions. They pay a premium for what you bring not to train or grow you.

Stay too long and it actively works against you.
Thanks Millhouse - guess that is something to consider....you need to go in at the right level/grade...
Old May 16th 2017, 8:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by JSB
Thanks Millhouse - guess that is something to consider....you need to go in at the right level/grade...
Deffo. And at a pay level that will allow you to accommodate very few payrises.

Don't convert whatever they offer you on the current exchange rate of 4.8. Your value in local currency didn't change becuase of brexit. Divide numbers by 6 or 7 in my opinion.

Scamp will come and say that I'm wrong but in his heart he knows I'm right.
Old May 16th 2017, 10:35 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Don't convert whatever they offer you on the current exchange rate of 4.8. Your value in local currency didn't change becuase of brexit. Divide numbers by 6 or 7 in my opinion.

He's a recruitment consultant...

Spoiler:
Sorry Scamp
Old May 17th 2017, 4:40 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

You are and you aren't. For people 'today' I'd do it at 5.5, it hasn't been above 6 since 2014.

But your point was it's pointless to convert at all. So really, you've just finally agreed with me.

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
He's a recruitment consultant...

Spoiler:
Sorry Scamp
I think I'm a manager now. In fact, with current salary negotiations, I'm either going to be paid what I'm worth and become 'Senior Manager' or 'Self Employed'.
Old May 17th 2017, 5:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Scamp
I think I'm a manager now. In fact, with current salary negotiations, I'm either going to be paid what I'm worth and become 'Senior Manager' or 'Self Employed'.
I'm told that titles matter. Do you manage more than one person (including yourself?)
Old May 17th 2017, 5:45 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I'm told that titles matter. Do you manage more than one person (including yourself?)
Technically yes. But I manage me and my assistant / admin lady.
I don't care for titles, or haven't in the past, but that's part of being in a sales type role, who cares.
Now it does matter because it means pay rise.
Old May 17th 2017, 6:46 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Titties definitely matter. Hang on, where are my glasses ...
Old May 24th 2017, 12:00 am
Just Joined

bchong1989 is an unknown quantity at this point

Interviewing for a role at ADIA. I was curious if anyone during their 2 day interview process had a case study or modeling test. I am looking at an investment position within ADIA.
Old May 24th 2017, 5:00 am
Just Joined

s.1988 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bchong1989
Interviewing for a role at ADIA. I was curious if anyone during their 2 day interview process had a case study or modeling test. I am looking at an investment position within ADIA.
in my case it was a 2 hours interviews (30 minutes each) to include 4 interviews but this for a support role. there was no case study.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.