Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Old May 16th 2015, 11:19 am
Just Joined

The_Black_Panther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Originally Posted by rico1985
Thanks for the info. Please could you outline the timeline of your hiring process from first contact (presumably from recruiter) to offer from ADIA?

Cheers
Their timeline is long. This was back in January and my application is still with them. I ended up going to FGB who matched the offer and a quicker onboarding process
Old May 16th 2015, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

rico1985 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The_Black_Panther
Their timeline is long. This was back in January and my application is still with them. I ended up going to FGB who matched the offer and a quicker onboarding process
Indeed, based on what I have read in this forum the process can take anywhere from 6 months to a full year.

You posted a detailed offer; if you took a role somewhere else what do you mean by "my application is still with them?"

I'm guessing you received a conditional offer and you decided not to wait for security check to be undertaken?
Old May 16th 2015, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

The_Black_Panther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rico1985
Indeed, based on what I have read in this forum the process can take anywhere from 6 months to a full year.

You posted a detailed offer; if you took a role somewhere else what do you mean by "my application is still with them?"

I'm guessing you received a conditional offer and you decided not to wait for security check to be undertaken?
Didn't even get to security check stage. Not sure why they take so long. What I meant is that the agent said they were still considering my application When I last spoke to them. I am yet to get in touch to tell them I am no longer available. I am actually quiet curious to see how long they take to get back
Old May 19th 2015, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

Airwave is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

The stuff out here is definitely insightful and I take this opportunity to thank all contributors. It took me few hours to go through all posts.

I am from an investment management background and had my first round of discussions with a Portfolio Manager. He seemed impressed and has indicated that the hiring process will take around 6 months, while he mentioned that he’ll take few weeks to get back on next steps. Meanwhile, I’ve started working on psychometrics.

I too look forward to contributing as much as possible.

-Airwave
Old May 19th 2015, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

PG84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

To anyone working with ADIA - Can you reapply for a job? If so, what is the timeline?

Reason for asking is that I made it to the PDI tests in which I scored average - above average. ADIA stated that they cannot proceed with my application. Decision came early Jan. I started the process Oct 2014. I came across the same opportunity (may be they are looking for more people or could not find the right profile) and inquired to my recruiter about the possibility to reapply. They were not sure and confirmed to me that they would check.

Does anyone have any idea? My company has a policy of 6 months.

I got a uber positive feedback from my face to face interview and I was not really prepared for the PDI test due to my current job. Does ADIA even consider reapplications?

Regards
PG
Old May 19th 2015, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

Riina is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't see why not and you'll only know if you try again?

One thing to note though - the pdi tests are definitely a key factor so you will need to score high in the areas most relevant to your role but they also look at personality style etc..

Originally Posted by PG84
Hi,

To anyone working with ADIA - Can you reapply for a job? If so, what is the timeline?

Reason for asking is that I made it to the PDI tests in which I scored average - above average. ADIA stated that they cannot proceed with my application. Decision came early Jan. I started the process Oct 2014. I came across the same opportunity (may be they are looking for more people or could not find the right profile) and inquired to my recruiter about the possibility to reapply. They were not sure and confirmed to me that they would check.

I got a uber positive feedback from my face to face interview and I was not really prepared for the PDI test due to my current job. Does ADIA even consider reapplications?

Regards
PG
Old May 19th 2015, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

Riina is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for feedback - any questions please feel free to ask and good luck

It is a long process, mine took 9 months

QUOTE=Airwave;11650262]Hi,

The stuff out here is definitely insightful and I take this opportunity to thank all contributors. It took me few hours to go through all posts.

I am from an investment management background and had my first round of discussions with a Portfolio Manager. He seemed impressed and has indicated that the hiring process will take around 6 months, while he mentioned that he’ll take few weeks to get back on next steps. Meanwhile, I’ve started working on psychometrics.

I too look forward to contributing as much as possible.

-Airwave[/QUOTE]
Old May 19th 2015, 11:31 pm
Just Joined

rico1985 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Riina, could you please provide an overall break down of the 9 months? (eg. x weeks between first contact and first interview, y weeks between interview and decission, etc.).

This is so I can set expectations and manage parallel processes. Thank you.
Old May 20th 2015, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

Hi PG84,
There's nothing to lose and regret.
Good luck!

Originally Posted by PG84
Hi,

Regards
PG
Old May 21st 2015, 7:17 am
Just Joined

Thanks Riina,
I have PMed you.
-Airwave
Old May 21st 2015, 9:58 am
Just Joined

PG84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Indeed, there is nothing to lose. I just wanted to check if someone is aware of the policy for reapplication. My recruiter is checking, but responses here are always way quicker and spot on

Originally Posted by Airwave
Hi PG84,
There's nothing to lose and regret.
Good luck!
Old May 23rd 2015, 2:33 pm
Just Joined

SmackdownHotel is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone have any tips on the Korn Ferry assessment centre?
Old May 23rd 2015, 2:33 pm
Just Joined

SmackdownHotel is an unknown quantity at this point

As I have mines in a few weeks, so any tips or advice would be appreciated.
Old May 29th 2015, 12:18 pm
S K
Just Joined

S K is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SmackdownHotel
As I have mines in a few weeks, so any tips or advice would be appreciated.
How long did it take between being told that you passed the vid conf interview to be contacted by Korn Ferry for the testing? Also which tests are you taking?

Also in response to you question I came across this site: https://m.jobtestprep.co.uk/adia-assessment, don't think I will personally use it but seems like a good way to become familiar with the tests.

Thanks,
Old May 29th 2015, 12:40 pm
S K
Just Joined

S K is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ADIA Investment-related role

I cannot comment on 2, but the timeline can vary between 5 weeks and several months. Another factor to consider is whether or not you will be asked to take any form of examinations. Post vid conf interview I was invited to the testing stage within 24 hours, but it took 2 weeks before they called back to arrange the psychometric tests.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.