Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Old May 26th 2014, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

mdoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Hey guys so after a long wait, my PDI is scheduled for next month is there any way to prepare for this as i am not sure what to expect.

Good luck to all.
Old May 26th 2014, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

khwork is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,

I am currently interviewing with ADIA.

I still have no clue as to what to expect in terms of the package. I will be in the operations arm. How much % increase am I expecting to have?

Thanks
Old May 27th 2014, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by khwork
Hi Everyone,

I am currently interviewing with ADIA.

I still have no clue as to what to expect in terms of the package. I will be in the operations arm. How much % increase am I expecting to have?

Thanks
Market rate. They spend a lot of time researching and comparing. There are detailed posts upthread listing how the other benefits offer something very tangible compared to an actual salary increase.
Old May 28th 2014, 9:08 am
Just Joined

fustyler is an unknown quantity at this point

I am currently going through the interview process with ADIA, having passed the first round interview and some assessment tests.

The recruiter is now asking for compensation history from past three years including base and bonus. He said that ADIA requires this information to form an offer and create a budget for the candidate.

I am not sure if what the recruiter is telling me is true or not, but I will not be revealing this. Does anyone have suggestion on how to deal with this?

Further, I am looking for a VP level role in technology. Would this map to a P3 level in ADIA?

Thanks for any suggestion/feedback.
Old May 28th 2014, 9:33 am
Just Joined

smudgerchanovski is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi fustyler,
I am in the exact same situation. They want 3 years of compensation info. I guess they want to make sure they offer enough to make it attractive. I.e. atleast match what you have been getting for last few years (or more likely apply a percentage increase to that). All future employers ask what your current base and bonus is don't they? They will use this info to make sure you are not underpaid but also to make sure they are not overpaying you! Would be interested to hear people's ideas on how honest one should be when disclosing this info. Could an exaggeration come back to bite you when they decide to do all the reference checks etc...?
Old May 28th 2014, 9:42 am
Just Joined

fustyler is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes most likely they want to apply a % increase on the salary of the previous job you are on.

Ethically I don't think this is right, as they do not need my salary history to make an offer; what they need is my salary expectation. Further the compensation is confidential with my previous employer, so it will be a breach of contract if the information is disclosed.

If anyone have strategy to deal with the tricky compensation question with ADIA please share. Thanks.
Old May 28th 2014, 9:49 am
Just Joined

AdamSayaf is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah it was applied to me as well. Does anyone have an average of how much % increase is usually offered from your current salary?
Old May 28th 2014, 9:51 pm
Just Joined

sweetdeal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RKI_83
I cant comment if they do, I personally do have a mortgage and student loan..As long as you dont have really bad credit you may be safe.
Hey RKI_83, I have the psychometric test coming up in a few days as well. Are you able to tell best way to prepare for it, is it SHL type of test? Also, did yours also include "real world job simulations"?

Any color on the last part would be especially helpful as I really do not know what to expect.

Cheers
Old May 29th 2014, 1:17 pm
Just Joined

rockangelx is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all,

im new to this forum but have been following it for quite some time.

i am from asia and here's my experience. i was called up by a recruiter in late march who scheduled me for a phone interview with ADIA. shortly after, i completed my PDI assessment in mid april. by early may, i had another video conference call / interview with the same several people whom i had the phone interview with earlier. current progress right now - i am pending to fly to ADIA office in mid june for 4 days for face to face interviews i presume.

1. any idea on what to expect during my 4 days at AD? i will land in abu dhabi friday late night and depart back to my home country on early tuesday morning. any advice will be very much appreciated.
2. anyone currently working in ADIA, could you please PM me? would like to get in touch to know more about the working culture in ADIA.

thanks!
Old May 29th 2014, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

from previous posts on this thread, i could roughly guess i could be doing a couple of face to face interviews with the manager or current team. as i only have sat, sun, mon over there, do the interviews take up all three full days? also, do they work weekends?? this is quite weird to me.
Old May 29th 2014, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

ahh need three posts before i could PM anyone. i am interviewing for a trade support role, any advice?
Old May 29th 2014, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

smudgerchanovski is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like there are a few of us that could be out there in mid June at the same time! Interviews will be held Sunday and Monday. Best of luck!
Old May 29th 2014, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

khwork is an unknown quantity at this point

I will be there end June as well
Old May 29th 2014, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

RKI_83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AdamSayaf
Yeah it was applied to me as well. Does anyone have an average of how much % increase is usually offered from your current salary?
They offer a competitive salary in-line with the market rate

You dont get those crazy salaries they offered 10 years ago!
Old May 30th 2014, 10:06 am
Just Joined

AdamSayaf is an unknown quantity at this point

Question. So now i am in my final step , they are bringing me along with the family for 4 days. But I do have interviews scheduled for the first two 2 days with HR and some other departments not related to my work and some related to my work , but I already went through the first set ofphone interview ,completed the exam , did also face to face interview , so im not sure what these other interviews are , despite bringing my family?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.