hi all i need help!

Old Jul 4th 2010, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

noufhead83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: hi all i need help!

Originally Posted by noufhead83
hi there, thanks for help
i am a qualified hairdresser (dont do that any more though)
been a receptionist is salon, receptionist in hotel
bar work
and my current job is in a school kitchen preparing food and cleaning i have also helped voluntary in classroom.
thanks
x
i meant receptionist IN hairdressing salon (there's my great computer skills!)
i also did do a CLAIT computer course when i was off work with my son when he was newborn

My partner has been told that the package offered (depsite attempts at negotiation) is it. The company say they can hire workers from other countries for a lesser salary (only £30,000 sterling + healthcare for 1, no accomodation allowance, no school fees etc.. ) The new marketing manager (recently hired from the UK and an aquaintance of my partner) would like to get a few westerners in but his hands are tied by the package the management are offering. The position my partner has been offered is in a new department so i'm sure there are ladders to be climbed, and in the future have more prospects than in his current job... be nice if we could make the start together..

Last edited by noufhead83; Jul 4th 2010 at 4:49 pm. Reason: typo
Old Jul 4th 2010, 6:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

this is a rubbish offer- 30K sterling.... I'd look elsewhere as don't think thats a very good deal for out here. Personally I'd walk away from this offer.
Old Jul 4th 2010, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Morecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by noufhead83
i meant receptionist IN hairdressing salon (there's my great computer skills!)
i also did do a CLAIT computer course when i was off work with my son when he was newborn

My partner has been told that the package offered (depsite attempts at negotiation) is it. The company say they can hire workers from other countries for a lesser salary (only £30,000 sterling + healthcare for 1, no accomodation allowance, no school fees etc.. ) The new marketing manager (recently hired from the UK and an aquaintance of my partner) would like to get a few westerners in but his hands are tied by the package the management are offering. The position my partner has been offered is in a new department so i'm sure there are ladders to be climbed, and in the future have more prospects than in his current job... be nice if we could make the start together..
NO accommodation allowance!!! You can pay 30,000 sterling for that alone. I'm afraid I would agree with Kittycat, sorry.

Keep looking, there are better deals to be had.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

30K sterling a year??? That is about 13,750dhs a month. You will NOT be able to live on that without any school or accom. allowance.
Remember that you will have to pay a year up front in 4 or 6 cheques plus 5% deposit and 5% agency fees for an apartment School fees have to be paid at the start of the term. DEWA deposit, Family health insurance etc. buy a car, moving expenses. Then just the month by month bills food/facilities/internet/etc
You really won't be able to survive on that.
Old Jul 11th 2010, 6:06 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
this is a rubbish offer- 30K sterling.... I'd look elsewhere as don't think thats a very good deal for out here. Personally I'd walk away from this offer.
Originally Posted by Morecambe Mindy
NO accommodation allowance!!! You can pay 30,000 sterling for that alone. I'm afraid I would agree with Kittycat, sorry.

Keep looking, there are better deals to be had.
Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
30K sterling a year??? That is about 13,750dhs a month. You will NOT be able to live on that without any school or accom. allowance.
Remember that you will have to pay a year up front in 4 or 6 cheques plus 5% deposit and 5% agency fees for an apartment School fees have to be paid at the start of the term. DEWA deposit, Family health insurance etc. buy a car, moving expenses. Then just the month by month bills food/facilities/internet/etc
You really won't be able to survive on that.
I have to agree with all these posters. Suggest you look at the Wiki for approx prices as to cost of living out here, as 14k with no housing, schooling or health for you and your child is, frankly, a complete non-starter. I would be getting your hubbie to tell his friend that, if he wants Westerners in, he is going to have to have a chat with his management...!!
Old Jul 11th 2010, 9:07 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

It may be redundant to throw in another absolutely not, but it's the most valuable bit of advice you are going to receive from all of us. NO. DO NOT COME TO DUBAI. 13K AED a month is NOT enough money for a family of three when you have to pay for accommodation, transportation and school fees out of pocket.

Just to give you an idea of how expensive Dubai is: a scoop of ice cream at Haagen Daaz is about 25 AED. A beer is 30-40 AED. 40 AED for a pizza at pizza express. The cheapest 1-bed apartment in International City way out in the desert is 40,000 including your utilities etc.

You will not live well or even decently in Dubai on that package.
Old Jul 11th 2010, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with all the above. Surely this package for a Westerner is a wind up! FORGET IT OR REGRET IT - it's just not worth it. UAE is expensive but if you don't believe it just come for a few days and see. Don't foget that you will not have any other income which you may get now eg tax credits and family allowance will cease.