hi all i need help!

Old Jun 30th 2010, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

noufhead83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hi all i need help!

hi there
i am looking at moving to dubai with my family over the next few months and need to find work. my partner (will be husband before move) is in aviation and has a new job in dubai and i would like to have a job sorted by the time his trial period is over so i can join him asap and be able to contribute. we have a son who will need schooling and even though i have been through school with good grades and done other courses i am not qualified in anything or a skilled worker with any trade. what opportunities are there for me to find a decent job in this country so we can afford to live and pay bills and school fees etc...
many thanks
Old Jul 1st 2010, 5:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hi all i need help!

Hi Noufhead,

Surely you should know you can afford your bilss etc before moving here- If it isn't financially viable it would be mad to move here!

If you have no skills, qualifications and no relevant work experience I wouldn't be expecting to earn big bucks. What do you do at the moment? is your sons schooling includedin your hubby to bes package? if not look into it as schooling is apparently expensive here.

Before packing up home I'd recommend your hubby come out here and get a realistic overview if you can afford to live as a family on his salary, and do as much researchas possible. Retail doesn't pay well heere unless your at area manager level.

However if you are bright and have common sense that could be enough to get your foot in a door somewhere! But don't expect big money!

good luck!
Old Jul 1st 2010, 9:07 am
Just Joined

hi thanks for reply
my partner will be doing his trial period first to see if he likes the job and if its viable for us all to live there. i not expecting to go in at the top in any job so i know i wont be on as high money as he is but no we could afford the fees and living on just his wage so i would need something to top up out income. i dont care what but i dont know whats about, there are jobs listed on job searchs but as i am not looking for a particular field as am willing to do any job. i am concerned that if we go i wont find anything as a unqualified brit and that will not be good for us. i have put my cv on a recruitment site but dont know if there are any other better ways of promting myself from here.
thanks for your help
noufhead83
Old Jul 1st 2010, 9:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noufhead83
hi thanks for reply
my partner will be doing his trial period first to see if he likes the job and if its viable for us all to live there. i not expecting to go in at the top in any job so i know i wont be on as high money as he is but no we could afford the fees and living on just his wage so i would need something to top up out income. i dont care what but i dont know whats about, there are jobs listed on job searchs but as i am not looking for a particular field as am willing to do any job. i am concerned that if we go i wont find anything as a unqualified brit and that will not be good for us. i have put my cv on a recruitment site but dont know if there are any other better ways of promting myself from here.
thanks for your help
noufhead83
I would say it will be impossible to find anything until you are here.
Old Jul 1st 2010, 9:55 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can you be a PA?

The salaries aren't half bad for a British PA. But you will most likely not find anything until you come out here and bank on at least six months without a job before you find something you can do.

Almost all the usual occupations occupied by unskilled people are done by the genuinely unskilled from India/Pakistan who don't make enough per week to cover the cost of a cup of starbucks' brew on the way to work in the morning.
Old Jul 1st 2010, 2:50 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Hi Noufhead,

Surely you should know you can afford your bilss etc before moving here- If it isn't financially viable it would be mad to move here!

If you have no skills, qualifications and no relevant work experience I wouldn't be expecting to earn big bucks. What do you do at the moment? is your sons schooling includedin your hubby to bes package? if not look into it as schooling is apparently expensive here.

Before packing up home I'd recommend your hubby come out here and get a realistic overview if you can afford to live as a family on his salary, and do as much researchas possible. Retail doesn't pay well heere unless your at area manager level.

However if you are bright and have common sense that could be enough to get your foot in a door somewhere! But don't expect big money!

good luck!
Anyone who is bright and has common sense wouldn't be posting on here.
Old Jul 1st 2010, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Roadking
Anyone who is bright and has common sense wouldn't be posting on here.
and why is that?? those who are bright with common sense dont need help?? generally asking for advice when making life changing decisions from those who have been there and lived it, is the bright thing to do??
thank you for your helpful advice though
Old Jul 1st 2010, 6:06 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

and why is that?? those who are bright with common sense dont need help?? generally asking for advice when making life changing decisions from those who have been there and lived it, is the bright thing to do??
aaaw gawd, not another one who has had a sense of humour extraction via their anal channel.

Hey, whatever you want...I'm past caring.
Old Jul 1st 2010, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Morecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to behold

How old is your child in need of schooling? If child is old enough to go on school bus and be a latch-key kid, then maybe you could find a job; if, however, said child is too young to fend for him/herself, then you would have to look at what time you needed to drop off/pick up from school and be home to care for your child.

Unfortunately, the school hours don't fit in well with a full time job or even a part time job.

What package is your husband coming over on? If it is a family package, why is schooling not included? My first child's schooling costs 36,000 plus dhs per annum, can you afford that from husband's wage without you working?

Your husband needs to negotiate the best package he can (obviously), but life over here isn't cheap.
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 8:41 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Morecambe Mindy
How old is your child in need of schooling? If child is old enough to go on school bus and be a latch-key kid, then maybe you could find a job; if, however, said child is too young to fend for him/herself, then you would have to look at what time you needed to drop off/pick up from school and be home to care for your child.

Unfortunately, the school hours don't fit in well with a full time job or even a part time job.

What package is your husband coming over on? If it is a family package, why is schooling not included? My first child's schooling costs 36,000 plus dhs per annum, can you afford that from husband's wage without you working?

Your husband needs to negotiate the best package he can (obviously), but life over here isn't cheap.
hi thank you for your repy
my son is 7 so not really of an age yet where he can come and go especially as we will be somewhere new and daunting. it wont be long till he is but not straight away. my hubbys package only caters for him, no accomodation schooling or travel. so will need to find home, job for me that fits in with his hours/school times. would definatly need my income to make it worth while. what is the school hours? is your child in english school?
thanks
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 9:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Your husband should be getting accomadation allowance though? I'd say its worth him going back and renegotiating as it doesn't sound like he's got a very good offer- unless his basic is awesome.

Theres a lot of pressure on you to bump up the income and without any skills I'm not sure whats worth your time doing out here- PA work pays well as mentioned above but you would need some computer skills etc- can you give an idea of what skills you have so we may be able to give you some decent suggestions.

The difference in wage here is massive so for people that work in retail/childcare/unskilled jobs they may earn 4K if they are lucky, I earn 20K a month, so if I had a partner who was only bringing in 4k a month I'd probably suggest they stay at home with the kids, rather than go and work 12 hour days, 6 days a week, for hardly any money. Your husband may be able to find you something through networking whilst hes out here but you must have some skills, computer literate, whatever- what have you been doing all your working life?

xxx
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Morecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to behold

hi thank you for your repy
my son is 7 so not really of an age yet where he can come and go especially as we will be somewhere new and daunting. it wont be long till he is but not straight away. my hubbys package only caters for him, no accomodation schooling or travel. so will need to find home, job for me that fits in with his hours/school times. would definatly need my income to make it worth while. what is the school hours? is your child in english school?
thanks
Yes he is in a British school. Hours for him from September will be 7.30am until 2pm. Some schools do start a little later and finish later, but not much later.
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

I think you will find Roadking was joking was a hint.
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Roadking
anal channel.
Hehehehehehehehehe
i am a child
Old Jul 4th 2010, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Your husband should be getting accomadation allowance though? I'd say its worth him going back and renegotiating as it doesn't sound like he's got a very good offer- unless his basic is awesome.

Theres a lot of pressure on you to bump up the income and without any skills I'm not sure whats worth your time doing out here- PA work pays well as mentioned above but you would need some computer skills etc- can you give an idea of what skills you have so we may be able to give you some decent suggestions.

The difference in wage here is massive so for people that work in retail/childcare/unskilled jobs they may earn 4K if they are lucky, I earn 20K a month, so if I had a partner who was only bringing in 4k a month I'd probably suggest they stay at home with the kids, rather than go and work 12 hour days, 6 days a week, for hardly any money. Your husband may be able to find you something through networking whilst hes out here but you must have some skills, computer literate, whatever- what have you been doing all your working life?

xxx
hi there, thanks for help
i am a qualified hairdresser (dont do that any more though)
been a receptionist is salon, receptionist in hotel
bar work
and my currant job is in a school kitchen preparing food and cleaningi have also helped voluntary in classroom.
thanks
x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.