Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Does anyone work for Huawei?

Does anyone work for Huawei?

Old Jun 12th 2011, 8:49 pm
Just Joined

SimonReeves is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Does anyone work for Huawei?

Hi All,

Hope you're well.

I was wondering if anyone on the forum works or knows of anyone who works at Huawei - either UAE or Qatar? I'm interested in the business and want to learn more from someone on the ground.

Thanks, in advance.

Simon
Old Jun 13th 2011, 4:58 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does anyone work for Huawei?

welcome to BE, never heard of them
Old Jun 13th 2011, 5:29 am
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

Dealt with them about 8/9 years ago when they were setting up in AD. Think most of the telecoms backbone is from them.

When I dealt with them no one spoke English or Arabic but as I said that was a while ago.
Old Jun 13th 2011, 5:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SimonReeves
Hi All,

Hope you're well.

I was wondering if anyone on the forum works or knows of anyone who works at Huawei - either UAE or Qatar? I'm interested in the business and want to learn more from someone on the ground.

Thanks, in advance.

Simon
I have a policy of only working for firms I can actually pronounce...........
Old Jun 13th 2011, 5:48 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SimonReeves
Hi All,

Hope you're well.

Thanks, in advance.

Simon
In the data storage market they are partnered with Symantec in the UAE. I don't think they have a large footprint here yet, but from what I have heard that could change in the next year or so.
Old Jun 13th 2011, 7:43 am
Roving Donny fan.

Location: Doncaster, UK. But not for long!!! Where's my visa!!!
glynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really nice

They dominate the Telecoms sector and operate on a install now, pay us whenever, so no one can compete with them. Chinese manufactured and I have worked along side them and would work for them but the pay is an issue.
Old Jun 13th 2011, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
In the data storage market they are partnered with Symantec in the UAE. I don't think they have a large footprint here yet, but from what I have heard that could change in the next year or so.
they've got a lot of people crammed into the 21st floor of Al Thuraya tower in Media City.
Old Jun 13th 2011, 10:05 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

I don't work for them, but I've been working closely with its PRs lately.

Feel free to PM me and I'll try and help.