Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

QS Salary Expectations In Qatar

QS Salary Expectations In Qatar

Old Jun 8th 2011, 10:43 pm
Just Joined

19james83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default QS Salary Expectations In Qatar

I have numerous interviews lined up for the position of Cost Manager/QS for consultancies based in Doha & have very little knowledge of what salary expectations to have. I have a Degree in QS & PM, 6 yrs experience working for a consultants within the UK & am due to obtain my RICS qualification November 2011.

In consideration of my personal experience, what should I expect salary wise, including expat benefits etc? Two consultants have quoted 23-25k/mth inclusive of housing & car allowance, is this the norm?

Thanks in anticipation.
Old Jun 9th 2011, 6:56 am
Just Joined

SimonReeves is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: QS Salary Expectations In Qatar

I've seen packages around the £2-3k a month salary, £2-2.5k housing + bonus, furniture, flights, medical etc.

Good Luck - I'm in the same position at the moment.

Looking at Abu Dhabia and Qatar.

PM if you wanna chat through stuff as always good to bounce ideas.
Old Jun 11th 2011, 5:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 19james83
Two consultants have quoted 23-25k/mth inclusive of housing & car allowance, is this the norm?

Thanks in anticipation.
I would change consultants if I were you
Old Jun 12th 2011, 11:54 am
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds low to me, the first offer 25k as a salary might just be ok but still seems on the low side, but definitely not as an all in package.
Old Jun 12th 2011, 2:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

I have numerous interviews lined up for the position of Cost Manager/QS for consultancies based in Doha & have very little knowledge of what salary expectations to have. I have a Degree in QS & PM, 6 yrs experience working for a consultants within the UK & am due to obtain my RICS qualification November 2011.

In consideration of my personal experience, what should I expect salary wise, including expat benefits etc? Two consultants have quoted 23-25k/mth inclusive of housing & car allowance, is this the norm?

Thanks in anticipation.
25K BASIC
10K HOUSING
4K CAR ALLOWANCE
2 FLIGHTS
MEDICAL
ANNUAL BONUS

That's a shoo in package for a first time expat in Doha , if the consultant won't go near it then tell him to poke it mate.
Old Jun 14th 2011, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks in anticipation.
so you can look at a pile of bricks and give an estimate, but looking in the mirror is a problem?

I suggest 5k all in.
Old Jun 14th 2011, 1:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks in anticipation.
There is not much Brickwork in the Middle East! - If they could make Door-Frames out of Concete they would! - Saddam's former Palace in Baghdad had Gypsum Balustrading!

Beware of those allowances! In the Middle East they tend to get 'Wrapped-Up' in the Salary Package. However, as far as I am concerned, 'Salary is Salary!' Forget allowances, you need an overall package! - Most companies (Local and Expat) try to reduce the Basic Salary to avoid paying Gratuity! (Final Gratuity is calculated on Basic Salary Only!)

Qatar is NOT Dubai! - Despite what you might have been told! - It is one of the Shitholes of the Middle East! So therefore, add something extra to the package.

QR 50,000/- should be your minimum target. If they cannot come up with that, forget it!