Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Construction side QS salary

Construction side QS salary

Old Jul 15th 2014, 2:08 pm
Just Joined

jordcov is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Construction side QS salary in Qatar

Hi all

First post so not sure if this is correct or not but I'm sure someone will speak up if not!

I've been contacted by an recruitment agency with regards to a QS position with a Main Contractor in Qatar and I just wanted to know if anyone can help with the initial soundings!

They're talking about a salary of QAR 315k plus flights and health at the moment (car and accommodation to be negotiated)

I'm 31...I've read that it's boring but as long as there's a golf course and somewhere to grab a beer with a few others in the same boat I'm not too fussed about it not being the next Las Vegas!

Any help will be much appreciated

Thanks

Last edited by jordcov; Jul 15th 2014 at 2:21 pm. Reason: Title incorrect
Old Jul 15th 2014, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Construction side QS salary in Qatar

Originally Posted by jordcov
I'm not too fussed about it not being the next Las Vegas!
It's more like the next Middlesborough...
Old Jul 15th 2014, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Construction side QS salary in Qatar

Yeah but Middlesborough in the days of Juninho, Emerson and Ravanelli?
Old Jul 15th 2014, 3:10 pm
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Construction side QS salary

If they pay for the flights, provide a car and decent accommodation then as a base salary that's not bad for a QS imo.
Old Jul 15th 2014, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
If they pay for the flights, provide a car and decent accommodation then as a base salary that's not bad for a QS imo.
Thanks for your input.

Obviously the more info I get I will post on here but that makes me feel a bit happier about it all.
Old Jul 15th 2014, 3:16 pm
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jordcov
Thanks for your input.

Obviously the more info I get I will post on here but that makes me feel a bit happier about it all.
Easier if they provide the car and accomodation, then it's something less to worry about but the trend is to give an allowance and you have to find it yourself. You can search the net for typical prices to give an indication of the normal range for rentals, also there is a spreadsheet called is 'it worth it' on top of the forum that will let you plug in values to see how it stacks up.