Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Any positive reviews of EdEx

Any positive reviews of EdEx

Old Aug 15th 2013, 6:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any positive reviews of EdEx

We should expect shortly some posts here telling the tales of woe from employees of this low-grade contractor.
Old Aug 15th 2013, 7:27 am
Just Joined

romana_naz786 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah they did offer me a job, and asked me to pay THEM £500 for visa fees. I then found out that we are suppose to pay the visa agency and not them. Luckily I did not pay them and withdrew my contract. Also I told them I wanted to be in Jeddah, they said 'oh yeah definitely, we will place you there'. When I asked for written confirmation, they changed their tune. Bunch of lairs, Be very careful with them.

Last edited by romana_naz786; Aug 15th 2013 at 7:34 am.
Old Aug 15th 2013, 11:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

These are people to avoid unless you are truly desperate !
Old Aug 21st 2013, 5:08 am
Just Joined

tanveermoughal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default teaching position with Ed Ex - honest opinion needed

Hi

I have been offered a teaching position by Ed Ex an there is flexibility about almost everything - too good to be true I think.

I was told I could start whenever I wanted but all of a sudden I am being told I need to sign my contract and pay visa fee asap. There is no choice in the matter although they are happy with me stqrtong after 6 months or so

This has started alarm bells ringing for me and has led me to do more research on the company whichnis mostly negative.

What should I do......

Could only people who have worked with ed ex reply and honestly let know their opinions. I just dont want to end up stranded in a foreign country being a muslim girl

Thanks

T
Old Aug 21st 2013, 5:39 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default Re: teaching position with Ed Ex - honest opinion needed

Anyone who asks for money for a visa is a con.

Did you ever physically meet the company?
Old Aug 21st 2013, 7:31 am
Just Joined

tanveermoughal is an unknown quantity at this point

yep i went to London for my interview and met with the UK representative.

they only ask for the visa money as they have alot of people who back out at the last minute and therefore they loose out if they have paid for the visa. they have told me that they will refund the money to me once i start my job
Old Aug 21st 2013, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

They should refund you immediately or in your first pay check.

Now, recruiters and employers at this level are always going to have shortfalls. But if you're just starting off or your qualifications aren't high enough to go for direct hire in better jobs then this is what you will work in for a few years. You need to learn to keep your head down and pick up tips and tricks from other tutors. You'll learn to accept the money and live with limitations. You may actually find you have to spend some money to make life more comfortable. Now, shift over to Daveseslcafe (saudi forum) where the teachers talk and keep your personal security tight to your chest.
Old Aug 24th 2013, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

KNIGHTRIDER123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

im new to this

ive been offered a job via my esl recruitment for a teaching job, its through education experts, the reviews aren't great, they're saying £500 for visa costs,

has anyone gone over recently? whats the situation for the iqama etc.

can someone please fill me in,

thanks

knightrider
Old Aug 25th 2013, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

KNIGHTRIDER123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tanveermoughal

they only ask for the visa money as they have alot of people who back out at the last minute and therefore they loose out if they have paid for the visa. they have told me that they will refund the money to me once i start my job
Which representative was it? I got offered a job through an recruitment company called my esl recruitment, and ill b working for education experts in saudi

Did u take the job?
Old Aug 25th 2013, 4:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KNIGHTRIDER123
Which representative was it? I got offered a job through an recruitment company called my esl recruitment, and ill b working for education experts in saudi

Did u take the job?
Your lack of literacy says it all...
Old Sep 30th 2013, 10:10 am
Just Joined

Fez1236 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by romana_naz786
Iv only just signed the contract. My visa process has started, just waiting for it. I havnt had my medical yet, maybe next week. As soon as that is sorted I have to fly out after two days.
Hi Romana,

Did you manage to get everything sorted out with Education Experts?

Also are you now in Saudi teaching?

I have just recently signed up with them a month ago, paid them the visa fee and they are keep delaying it by saying they are waiting on authorisation from Saudi before they can proceed.
Old Sep 30th 2013, 10:21 am
Just Joined

Hi, no I withdrew my contract. The Education Experts in UK cannot be trusted. They are lairs. Firstly when I told them I wanted to be in Jeddah, they said 'sure we will do that for you'. Then I find out they do not have projects in Jeddah for females, its only for males. I think if you want to work with Education Experts you should contact the Saudi one. I'm still in UK. Got accept in PNU through QEHC but now I've found that they have not paid their teachers the visa fees back and have put them in hotels instead of the promised furnished apartments with gym facilities. I've been totally put off by it all. Thinking of withdrawing it with them also. All the hassle is not worth it at all. If you want the email for Saudi EdEX let me know, I will provide it to you
Old Sep 30th 2013, 10:38 am
Just Joined

Hi,

I think I have the contact details for Edex in Saudi. I was dealing with a guy called Babar Khan there. He just took ages to get back to me hence I went through the London office and spoke with someone called Richard.

They have taken my visa fee and are now waiting for authorisation from Saudi who screen the documents. The next process I have been told is that once they have authorisation my details will be passed over to Brittania Consulate Services who will arrange my medical and Visa. For the medical I will be required to come to London. They wanted me to send my passport to them but I said i will only do this once I have authorisation.

I have a friend in Saudi who is with Edex and is in his 2nd year teaching there. He told me they overpromise but underdeliver. I have just found the company very unorganised and different staff give you different information which makes me doubt it even more.

So what are your plans from here? Did you do a TEFL course?
Old Sep 30th 2013, 10:44 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tanveermoughal

Hi,

How did you get on with Edex Education Experts?

Did you sign up after the interview?
Old Sep 30th 2013, 10:48 am
Just Joined

Richard is the one you need to stay away from. He only tells you what you want to hear and hides the reality. He's told people to pay HIM £500 for online tefl course and he will guarantee them a job. This is not true, because Saudi's do not accept online and plus they ask for 2 yrs of experience. Be very careful.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.