Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Any positive reviews of EdEx

Any positive reviews of EdEx

Old Feb 3rd 2014, 4:09 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any positive reviews of EdEx

Originally Posted by eesa mckenzie
I have recently applied for them in the London office. They said that we will be going out their Mid March and I am just waiting for the visa to start. It seems better than other companies which I applied for
seriously? From all the negative experiences of other people in this thread you still think it's going to happen?
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

madinah is an unknown quantity at this point

I phoned the manchester branch and spoke to zaheer ..he is confused as we all are..I asked for refund of payment which he states that we need to email him for the request of refund and he will send a form which we need to submit...
Old Feb 4th 2014, 8:12 am
Just Joined

eesa mckenzie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikewot
seriously? From all the negative experiences of other people in this thread you still think it's going to happen?
I am positive. Plus I wanted to keep up to date with the thread.
Old Feb 4th 2014, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

I am positive. Plus I wanted to keep up to date with the thread.
Well, it's becoming obvious gradually that none of you were actually applying for particular jobs that exist in reality. You are the reserve pool of TEFLers to pour in to plug the gaps when and as needed due to the high staff turnover in the region. This is due to a number of factors not solely including: country of work, work environment, qualification and character of TEFLers, transient projects.

The fact some of you have been left hanging for upwards of five months and have had to give them money is bordering on disgrace now.

Whilst you may have signed a contract with Edex, you might be covered under UK law. Get a solicitor on the case (or go to CAB.) Contracts signed with companies in KSA are not legal until you arrive and sign on the spot. Also, have any of you applied to other companies in the meantime or did you think signing that contract meant you were barred from further job searching?
Old Feb 4th 2014, 10:21 am
Just Joined

eesa mckenzie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beakersful
Well, it's becoming obvious gradually that none of you were actually applying for particular jobs that exist in reality. You are the reserve pool of TEFLers to pour in to plug the gaps when and as needed due to the high staff turnover in the region. This is due to a number of factors not solely including: country of work, work environment, qualification and character of TEFLers, transient projects.

The fact some of you have been left hanging for upwards of five months and have had to give them money is bordering on disgrace now.

Whilst you may have signed a contract with Edex, you might be covered under UK law. Get a solicitor on the case (or go to CAB.) Contracts signed with companies in KSA are not legal until you arrive and sign on the spot. Also, have any of you applied to other companies in the meantime or did you think signing that contract meant you were barred from further job searching?
You cant really say that unless you have some real evidence. In any case, the company is a legitimate one and we may just have to be a little more patient. As far as I am aware those who applied in August were told that they would be starting in January so they are only a little late.

I applied with another company and they tried to get me over there on a business visa which took almost 8 weeks. In the end I realised that what they were doing was illegal and I couldn't be bothered to continue.

If this one goes beyond March then I will simply keep trying and in the meantime keep my options open.

I doubt that you will need solicitor unless they are outright refusing to refund any of the funds.
Old Feb 4th 2014, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

You cant really say that unless you have some real evidence. In any case, the company is a legitimate one and we may just have to be a little more patient. As far as I am aware those who applied in August were told that they would be starting in January so they are only a little late.

I applied with another company and they tried to get me over there on a business visa which took almost 8 weeks. In the end I realised that what they were doing was illegal and I couldn't be bothered to continue.

If this one goes beyond March then I will simply keep trying and in the meantime keep my options open.

I doubt that you will need solicitor unless they are outright refusing to refund any of the funds.
Have any of you signed a binding contract in the UK with an agent of theirs working out of a UK office? How are you dealing with the job centre whilst you are unemployed of your own choice?

All companies that work here in KSA are legit. Some have more wasta than others though.

You're right not to work on an illegal visa. Common sense dictates you don't try and work illegally in a foreign country.

There are a plethora of projects companies operating over here this year including many new faces to the region. I'd recommend you approach another company and see where you get. Wages have recently dropped here and can only go down the longer people dither. Since wages are dropping for career TEFLers, they can only be lower still for lesser qualified, certified and capable demographics some companies are targeting to bring in cheaper.
Old Feb 4th 2014, 12:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Edex - like many other contractors in KSA - have come to rely on a pool of would-be EFLers who are desperate for a chance to get a free trip to Medina and Mecca. The gullible want to believe that they can do Haj and Umnrah at someone else's expense !
Old Feb 4th 2014, 12:39 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

OK I think this thread has come to a natural end. Posters asked people who actually live and work in the ME for their views. They've had those aplenty and it now is degenerating in a discussion about the company. This bored is not the appropriate place so I'm locking it.