Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Abu Dhabi move, Al Hosn gas and girlfriend

Abu Dhabi move, Al Hosn gas and girlfriend

Old Feb 23rd 2013, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

SJBexLFB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Abu Dhabi move, Al Hosn gas and girlfriend

i'm a fireman and have received nothing other than congratulations from TIS that i got the job and should have had an offer by last.....thursday
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 12:23 pm
Just Joined

Jamesjones is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SJBexLFB
i'm a fireman and have received nothing other than congratulations from TIS that i got the job and should have had an offer by last.....thursday
Did they tell you that you got the job at the interview? or was this via email? Did u get a t-shirt and pen 2? I'm still waiting for mine as well

Many thanks
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 12:33 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by jamesmash
I'm not doing it, they seem like an awful company, don't appreciate patronising people on my thread, who probably wouldn't do it either
Not patronising anyone. If its not enough then don't do it.

If they seem shit then don't do it.

BUT; remember that this is par for the course when dealing with companies in the region.
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 12:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

It's not all about the money? Noone is saying it is but do you think it's acceptable for professional people to relocate their family for £500 a week? You wouldn't be able to enjoy your different experience as you would be sat in your Villa worried all the time about affording things.
but that is what its like here in the ME, its not the same as the uk, at least now you are in a position to do research and ask questions, so if the amount isnt enough then dont go.. simple as that, as there is an awful lot of expense when you first come out to set up shop...... even if they provide a lot for you.
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 12:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not doing it, they seem like an awful company, don't appreciate patronising people on my thread, who probably wouldn't do it either
its just people who know how it works in the ME telling you as it is, yes it may not be the same as the rest of the world.... take the information you need and ignore what you dont.
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

jamesmash is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't see how people just replying saying don't do it if you don't like it helps anyone! Why would you waste your time posting the obvious
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

Well speaking of being helpful Those who received their offers already, did you get a date in which you are expected to start work? Who told you, you got the job? did you get a pen and t-shirt 2?

thanks guys
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jamesjones
Well speaking of being helpful Those who received their offers already, did you get a date in which you are expected to start work? Who told you, you got the job? did you get a pen and t-shirt 2?

thanks guys
I received a contract from al hosn gas on Monday, I replied twice with questions and they still haven't bothered to reply. Didn't say when the start date was and I got my pen and tee at the interview
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

expathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=jamesmash;10563672]I'm not doing it, they seem like an awful company, don't appreciate patronising people on my thread, who probably wouldn't do it either[/

Personally, I appreciate info from people on the ground so to speak....

Hope you don't mind that being on your thread!
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=expathopeful;10563806]
I'm not doing it, they seem like an awful company, don't appreciate patronising people on my thread, who probably wouldn't do it either[/

Personally, I appreciate info from people on the ground so to speak....

Hope you don't mind that being on your thread!
Yes I fully appreciate everyone's input but sometimes some of it just states the obvious
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 2:03 pm
Just Joined

I received a contract from al hosn gas on Monday, I replied twice with questions and they still haven't bothered to reply. Didn't say when the start date was and I got my pen and tee at the interview
Were you told at the interview you got the job? or did that come later via email? Was the offer sent by TSI or Al Hosn themselves?
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

Were you told at the interview you got the job? or did that come later via email? Was the offer sent from TSI or Al hosn directly?

Thanks
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jamesjones
Were you told at the interview you got the job? or did that come later via email? Was the offer sent from TSI or Al hosn directly?

Thanks
I was told at the interview got the job, then 6 weeks later al hosn got in touch with the offer
Old Feb 24th 2013, 12:33 am
Just Joined

NorthSeaBear is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with JLF1970.

The reason I applied was for the change of scenery and experience, the wages suggested in the application would have made this a great package, but the actual offer is almost half of what they originally said.

I've not replied to my offer yet.
Old Feb 24th 2013, 2:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by NorthSeaBear
I agree with JLF1970.

The reason I applied was for the change of scenery and experience, the wages suggested in the application would have made this a great package, but the actual offer is almost half of what they originally said.

I've not replied to my offer yet.
Reply asking for more then...nothin to lose at this point.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.