Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

... yet another advanced parole question...

... yet another advanced parole question...

Old Nov 26th 2003, 2:32 am
Forum Regular

curlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nice
Default ... yet another advanced parole question...

I am planning to apply for my AP in person at Baltimore in a few weeks since I haven't been able to go home since my wedding (BTW does anyone know why you have to apply in person to Baltimore yet everywhere else it seems written applications are accepted?). Anyway, I have heard stories of people having NO problem getting their AP and others who are denied for one reason or another. Here are my Q's:
1. What is a "good" reason to want to go home - is it enough to say you want to take your new hubby home to meet the family?
2. Should I have a flight booked? I am sceptical about doing this in case it is denied - but some people have had probs getting the AP without a specific travel date - (seems like a catch22 to me)...
If the AP is good for multiple entries for a year why do they care when the first date you are planning to use it is? If I go with a "date in mind" - but without a flight booked, will I HAVE to travel on that date?

Any advice to avoid an unecessary trip to Baltimore?

Thanks