Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

New here just approved i-129f questions

New here just approved i-129f questions

Old Nov 20th 2003, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

Alicia&Driss is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New here just approved i-129f questions

Hello, I have just found this sight.......I love it..everyone here seems to be so supportive of each other. I sure wish I would have found it in July...lol I have a question if someone could please help me. My husband(in Morocco) and I (in Tennessee) was just approved for the I-129f visa petition. He has not recieved his packet yet, does anyone know how I can get the documents in that packet so we can be ahead of this waiting game??? Thanks
Old Nov 20th 2003, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New here just approved i-129f questions

Don't have any answers for you, just wanted to say congrats on the approval!

Elaine
Old Nov 20th 2003, 11:50 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

A&D,

Try the consulate where he will be applying for the visa.

Some consulates will give out the material. Some consulates will provide information and at least some of the forms on their web sites.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Alicia&Driss
Hello, I have just found this sight.......I love it..everyone here seems to be so supportive of each other. I sure wish I would have found it in July...lol I have a question if someone could please help me. My husband(in Morocco) and I (in Tennessee) was just approved for the I-129f visa petition. He has not recieved his packet yet, does anyone know how I can get the documents in that packet so we can be ahead of this waiting game??? Thanks
Old Nov 20th 2003, 1:06 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Also if you just got the NOA2 for the K3 it would have to go to NVC and then onto the consulate in Morocco, so you have a bit of time.
We have at least one other lady here who has a spouse in Morocco I believe. You may want to post something to that effect with Morocco in the title of the thread to get attention from the folks who can help you.
Congrats!
Old Nov 21st 2003, 2:21 am
Forum Regular

Thanks so much !!!
I have searched and researched all over trying to find out what happens next After months of stress and 10 lbs...I sure hope that everything from this point will go smothly.....After reading some of the posts here and what can happen even after the k3 approval...... my husband will finally get here and I be 100lbs bigger...lol
Old Nov 21st 2003, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on the approval !
Old Nov 21st 2003, 7:54 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Alicia,

I'm the other woman that Cindyabs was referring to who's husband is in Morocco. My husband already has his Packet 3 and his interview is scheduled for December 8. I can't remember everything in his packet, but I will talk to him Sunday and get a more specific list. You as the USC will definitely need to fill out an Affidavit of support (I-134) and send that to your husband for his interview. He will have a Non immigrant visa application in his packet 3 (DS-156). I have given you links below to start with.

Do know about the medical, police reports, tax returns, letter from employer, letter from bank, and proof of relationship? I don't want to tell you a bunch of stuff you already know.

What city is your husband from? Mine is in Marakesh.

Please post your timeline (go to My Forum at the top of the Britishexpats page), so we will be able to tell where you're at in the process.

Good Luck,
Leslie

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-134.htm
http://www.visapro.com/US-Immigratio...S-156-Form.asp

Old Nov 22nd 2003, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

Hello Thanks yall for all the Congrats

We are both so so happy!!!! Its so good to know that there are others going through this process also......My heart goes out to all that have had sooo many problems though.

Leslie--- some of the things I have learned in the past days just going through this websight......I learn more here than US immagration sight...lol
What type of paper do I get from my bank?? And proof of the relationship....like letters and wedding pictures? will this be enough??
Driss is from a small town in the North of Morocco. Azrou--Next to Ifrane.
Thanks so much for these links......Im going to work on this tonight....lol
And too Congrats on the Interview date!!!!!
Old Nov 22nd 2003, 3:27 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

A&D,

This has to be the #1 FAQ.

The answer is - only the immigration officer or the consular officer reveiwing the case can answer this question. If (s)he is satisfied, it's enough. If (s)he is not satisfied, it isn't enough.

Regards, JEff

... will this be enough??...
Old Nov 22nd 2003, 3:33 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Alicia,

The link that I gave you for the I-134 w/ instructions will give you the specifics of what you need in your bank and employer letters. Of course, you will have to have enough of an income to be a sponsor, if not you will need a co-sponsor. When Driss gets his packet 3 it will ask for some more things that you will need to send him..... Specifically 3 years tax returns and proof of relationship. They don't go into detail about the proof of relationship so you just have to figure it out yourself. I did phone bills, letters/e-mails, and photos. They already have copies of the wedding certificate from the I-129f, so I didn't duplicate that. Just use common sense and send everything you can think of.

Thanks for posting you're timeline. It looks to me like you'll be watching for the NVC to forward your petition soon. Let us know when that happens.

I'll post more again after I talk to Khalid Sunday, and I'll let him know about you guys. He'll love to hear about another Moroccan.

Leslie

Hello Thanks yall for all the Congrats

We are both so so happy!!!! Its so good to know that there are others going through this process also......My heart goes out to all that have had sooo many problems though.

Leslie--- some of the things I have learned in the past days just going through this websight......I learn more here than US immagration sight...lol
What type of paper do I get from my bank?? And proof of the relationship....like letters and wedding pictures? will this be enough??
Driss is from a small town in the North of Morocco. Azrou--Next to Ifrane.
Thanks so much for these links......Im going to work on this tonight....lol
And too Congrats on the Interview date!!!!!
Old Nov 22nd 2003, 3:35 am
WTF?

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
A&D,

The answer is - only the immigration officer or the consular officer reveiwing the case can answer this question. If (s)he is satisfied, it's enough. If (s)he is not satisfied, it isn't enough.

Regards, JEff
JEff is absolutely right. Therefore, send everything but the kitchen sink. Oh, I forgot to tell you, I also sent the kitchen sink.

Leslie
Old Nov 22nd 2003, 4:00 am
Forum Regular

Leslie, Do you and your husband have trouble with the mail in Morocco? Driss and I have, this worries me so much thinking it will take months to get something to him. I think thats why I am being so anal about getting these things together.lol
We actually dont talk on the phone much cause it is so expensive, but we meet on the internet everynight. And I have saved our conversations....lol...when and if they read this stuff they will hear our frusterations. We had no Idea it was such a long process, when I was in Morocco at the Emabssy the man there said " it will be 3 months at the most and you will be together" YEA RIGHT was he ever wrong. But I thank God that we havent ran into any big problems as of yet.
I too will tell Driss about yall.....he will be happy to hear about your Marriage and soon Interview too.
Old Nov 22nd 2003, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

Gosh if they would only tell us these things before hand.....lol I guess Ill just have to send all the above to them and let them sort through it. Cause as everyone else I WANT MY HUBBY HERE. Thanks for your replys Alicia
Old Nov 22nd 2003, 10:10 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Leslie66
Oh, I forgot to tell you, I also sent the kitchen sink.

Leslie
Don't you only have to send that if it's in both names?
Old Nov 22nd 2003, 2:09 pm

Alicia,

Sometimes people who complain about backlogs are the same people who contribute to them. (general observation)

If the issue being addressed is "where do you wash dishes", send the kitchen sink. Otherwise, just answer the question.

Regards, JEfff

... I guess Ill just have to send all the above to them and let them sort through it. ... Alicia

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.