Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

WOOHHHHOOOOOO K1 Interview date - June 2nd!!!

Wikiposts

WOOHHHHOOOOOO K1 Interview date - June 2nd!!!

Old May 7th 2004, 9:02 am
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough
Default Re: WOOHHHHOOOOOO K1 Interview date - June 2nd!!!

Thank a lot all, its a great feeling after so long. Sure I don't have the visa yet, but i'm feeling confident!
Old May 7th 2004, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

optimist is an unknown quantity at this point

chin up,m8....

the interview will be like a breeze for ya...

what happened to your car?

or your immigration website?

maybe you'll help us with the java scripts..i remember you being in IT....

cheers..gabriel
Old May 7th 2004, 9:46 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mcjimbo
Hi all,

Well ever since I sent back Packet 3 (Friday last week) I have been going home from work every lunch hour to see whether or not Packet 4 has arrived in the post. Today I was sure it would arrive, alas no Packet 4. So I thought screw this I want an answer, firstly I called the embassy on:

(0)20 7499-9000

I held onto the line to wait to speak to an operator. I asked her about my visa and she told me to call this number:

09055 444 546

I selected option 2 and spoke to a lady with a Scottish accent. I gave her my case number, and then she said please hold. Within 5 seconds I heard the best news in recent weeks. "Your interview date is June 2nd". I couldn't believe it, and overally thanked her and she said "Your Welcome".

So there you have it, i've finally got my interview, 9 months after Angie filed our I-129f petition through Nebraska.

There is so much to do know, first priority is to resign, i've had my letter written for 2 weeks now. I've emailed my boss and asked to meet him in private after work today, i'm a little nervous!! Then i'll look at a plane ticket, i would love to fly out the follwing weekend in June 5-6, depending on whether my employer will let me go that soon. Anyone think of any reason why I should wait longer?

Anyway i'm excited, happy, nervous all at the same time. Thanks to everyone for the support, no doubt my questions will still flow!

James

Oh my gosh James!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
:PARTY: :PARTY:
June 2nd!! I bet write it down!!
Woo My mouth hurts but man I am so happy for the 2 of you!!

Last edited by Hypertweeky; May 7th 2004 at 9:49 am.
Old May 7th 2004, 11:56 am
AOS-LA District Office

mc898 has a brilliant futuremc898 has a brilliant futuremc898 has a brilliant futuremc898 has a brilliant futuremc898 has a brilliant futuremc898 has a brilliant future

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mcjimbo

Congratulations and good luck!!!!

Have a nice and happy weekend!!!!!!
Old May 7th 2004, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

OMG McJimbo CONGRATULATIONS

i am sure you are so happy now that the end is in sight. Good Luck

Gisela xxx

Hi all,

Well ever since I sent back Packet 3 (Friday last week) I have been going home from work every lunch hour to see whether or not Packet 4 has arrived in the post. Today I was sure it would arrive, alas no Packet 4. So I thought screw this I want an answer, firstly I called the embassy on:

(0)20 7499-9000

I held onto the line to wait to speak to an operator. I asked her about my visa and she told me to call this number:

09055 444 546

I selected option 2 and spoke to a lady with a Scottish accent. I gave her my case number, and then she said please hold. Within 5 seconds I heard the best news in recent weeks. "Your interview date is June 2nd". I couldn't believe it, and overally thanked her and she said "Your Welcome".

So there you have it, i've finally got my interview, 9 months after Angie filed our I-129f petition through Nebraska.

There is so much to do know, first priority is to resign, i've had my letter written for 2 weeks now. I've emailed my boss and asked to meet him in private after work today, i'm a little nervous!! Then i'll look at a plane ticket, i would love to fly out the follwing weekend in June 5-6, depending on whether my employer will let me go that soon. Anyone think of any reason why I should wait longer?

Anyway i'm excited, happy, nervous all at the same time. Thanks to everyone for the support, no doubt my questions will still flow!

James
Old May 7th 2004, 9:36 pm

Originally posted by optimist
chin up,m8....

the interview will be like a breeze for ya...

what happened to your car?

or your immigration website?

maybe you'll help us with the java scripts..i remember you being in IT....

cheers..gabriel
Hi,

Regarding the car i'm buying it when i get there. I've ditched my plans for my own website on advise from others and am now throwing my weight behind www.visajourney.com. I've already developed a new navigation system that will be phased in eventually.

http://www.visajourney.com/beta/header.htm

Regarding scripts that search the online case status, after some research and playing around it really isn't possible with the format/way the information is returned in.

James
Old May 7th 2004, 9:37 pm

Thanks for all the kind words all, well I resigned yesterday freak out!

I returned back to work feeling happy, excited and nervous all at the same time, because it was now time to let my employer know what was going on and resign. I emailed my boss and asked if we could meet in private after work, he emailed me back half an hour later and in true British fashion and said "how about we meet in 15 minutes down the pub?". So I went down and met him and without saying anything he said "Your leaving me aren't you?", I replied "Yes" and he said "I've been expecting this, and nothing I can say or do will make you change your mind will it?", "No, Angie and I have made up our minds that at this point in our married life America is the best fit for us with her family and friends being there, job opportunitys and my parents also living there". He told me not to worry, and he was upset that I was leaving him but understood why, and under any other circumstances he would be fighting to keep me, and said "I can't beat what you've got, and I wish you all the best! Why couldn't you of just met a nice British girl preferrably Newbury based who worked for Vodafone?" .

So the next step now is booking my flight, i'm actually going to fly into New York JFK to get a temporary work visa. They are the only airport in the U.S. (i know of)than can still issue them if you hold a K1 visa, so i'm going to get that which will entitle me to work for 90 days.

So thats about everything on us for the moment. The wedding date is set for July 10th, the invites have gone out, 90% of the planning is completed and now is just a case of waiting out my interview.

Last edited by mcjimbo; May 7th 2004 at 10:52 pm.
Old May 7th 2004, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

Heather142 will become famous soon enoughHeather142 will become famous soon enough

Congrats James ... I am sure everything will go smoothly. Thanks for all the advice you gave me .. if I can return the favour let me know. Our med and interview were a breeze.

Heather xx
Old May 8th 2004, 1:06 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

[YEAHHHH..........
CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!.....
One big step closer...
Old May 8th 2004, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Buendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the rough

I was away for the weekend, so I'm a little late to this thread.... but I am SO happy for you!!! Great news!!! Congratulations!!!!
Old May 8th 2004, 8:41 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the kind words all, well I resigned yesterday freak out!

I returned back to work feeling happy, excited and nervous all at the same time, because it was now time to let my employer know what was going on and resign. I emailed my boss and asked if we could meet in private after work, he emailed me back half an hour later and in true British fashion and said "how about we meet in 15 minutes down the pub?". So I went down and met him and without saying anything he said "Your leaving me aren't you?", I replied "Yes" and he said "I've been expecting this, and nothing I can say or do will make you change your mind will it?", "No, Angie and I have made up our minds that at this point in our married life America is the best fit for us with her family and friends being there, job opportunitys and my parents also living there". He told me not to worry, and he was upset that I was leaving him but understood why, and under any other circumstances he would be fighting to keep me, and said "I can't beat what you've got, and I wish you all the best! Why couldn't you of just met a nice British girl preferrably Newbury based who worked for Vodafone?" .

So the next step now is booking my flight, i'm actually going to fly into New York JFK to get a temporary work visa. They are the only airport in the U.S. (i know of)than can still issue them if you hold a K1 visa, so i'm going to get that which will entitle me to work for 90 days.

So thats about everything on us for the moment. The wedding date is set for July 10th, the invites have gone out, 90% of the planning is completed and now is just a case of waiting out my interview.

Temporary work stamp ( Sorry I had to pick on you!)
Man your boss is very nice!, He rocks!!
I am so happy for you!!
Old May 8th 2004, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

brigeet will become famous soon enoughbrigeet will become famous soon enough

Cool. I think Stephen's coming out the same weekend as you if all goes well. Our interview is one day before yours :P It's pretty exciting. Our weddings are only 1 week apart. How big is your wedding going to be? Will it be pretty traditional? How come your parents are living in the US?
Old May 8th 2004, 9:38 pm

Originally posted by brigeet
Cool. I think Stephen's coming out the same weekend as you if all goes well. Our interview is one day before yours :P It's pretty exciting. Our weddings are only 1 week apart. How big is your wedding going to be? Will it be pretty traditional? How come your parents are living in the US?
Hi brigeet,

Its a good feeling to be this far through the process, all I want is that visa and my plane ticket to know its not all a dream!

Our wedding will be small-medium, apparently by U.S. standards. We are having about 150 guests, which I would consider a large wedding but my fiancee assures me its small.... ok! God bless America, bigger and better! LOL

My parents live in New Orleans, my dad god head hunted for a job down there. So they are now working and living there, for the time being. Its great because my family is spread all over the world, but finally both our parents will be within the same country.

Good luck on the visa and your wedding.

James
Old May 8th 2004, 10:40 pm
robert jcarlson

Originally posted by lpdiver
Not to rain on your party; BUT. you have an interview...not an approval. There is a difference. I don't recall your mentioning any potential problems but you never know. I would keep my employer in the loop but wouldn't burn my bridges as to work and housing.

whats your problem? jealous because someone is happy?

Last edited by robert jcarlson; May 8th 2004 at 10:44 pm.

Old May 9th 2004, 3:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of

Excellent news Jim & Angie, congratulations.

You think you're on a high now - just you wait until you have that visa in hand!

The next month will fly by and I am sure you'll have no problems with your interview in London.

Good luck - wishing you loads of happiness

Karen

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.