Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

WOOHHHHOOOOOO K1 Interview date - June 2nd!!!

Wikiposts

WOOHHHHOOOOOO K1 Interview date - June 2nd!!!

Old May 7th 2004, 12:03 am
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough
Default WOOHHHHOOOOOO K1 Interview date - June 2nd!!!

Hi all,

Well ever since I sent back Packet 3 (Friday last week) I have been going home from work every lunch hour to see whether or not Packet 4 has arrived in the post. Today I was sure it would arrive, alas no Packet 4. So I thought screw this I want an answer, firstly I called the embassy on:

(0)20 7499-9000

I held onto the line to wait to speak to an operator. I asked her about my visa and she told me to call this number:

09055 444 546

I selected option 2 and spoke to a lady with a Scottish accent. I gave her my case number, and then she said please hold. Within 5 seconds I heard the best news in recent weeks. "Your interview date is June 2nd". I couldn't believe it, and overally thanked her and she said "Your Welcome".

So there you have it, i've finally got my interview, 9 months after Angie filed our I-129f petition through Nebraska.

There is so much to do know, first priority is to resign, i've had my letter written for 2 weeks now. I've emailed my boss and asked to meet him in private after work today, i'm a little nervous!! Then i'll look at a plane ticket, i would love to fly out the follwing weekend in June 5-6, depending on whether my employer will let me go that soon. Anyone think of any reason why I should wait longer?

Anyway i'm excited, happy, nervous all at the same time. Thanks to everyone for the support, no doubt my questions will still flow!

James
Old May 7th 2004, 12:14 am
Skyscrapered

Haggischomper has a spectacular aura aboutHaggischomper has a spectacular aura aboutHaggischomper has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: WOOHHHHOOOOOO K1 Interview date - June 2nd!!!

Originally posted by mcjimbo
Hi all,

Well ever since I sent back Packet 3 (Friday last week) I have been going home from work every lunch hour to see whether or not Packet 4 has arrived in the post. Today I was sure it would arrive, alas no Packet 4. So I thought screw this I want an answer, firstly I called the embassy on:

(0)20 7499-9000

I held onto the line to wait to speak to an operator. I asked her about my visa and she told me to call this number:

09055 444 546

I selected option 2 and spoke to a lady with a Scottish accent. I gave her my case number, and then she said please hold. Within 5 seconds I heard the best news in recent weeks. "Your interview date is June 2nd". I couldn't believe it, and overally thanked her and she said "Your Welcome".

So there you have it, i've finally got my interview, 9 months after Angie filed our I-129f petition through Nebraska.

There is so much to do know, first priority is to resign, i've had my letter written for 2 weeks now. I've emailed my boss and asked to meet him in private after work today, i'm a little nervous!! Then i'll look at a plane ticket, i would love to fly out the follwing weekend in June 5-6, depending on whether my employer will let me go that soon. Anyone think of any reason why I should wait longer?

Anyway i'm excited, happy, nervous all at the same time. Thanks to everyone for the support, no doubt my questions will still flow!

James
Congrats James! 2nd June? Wow! I was aiming to leave for the US on 4 June but I guess I can forget that now.
Old May 7th 2004, 12:17 am
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Haggischomper
Congrats James! 2nd June? Wow! I was aiming to leave for the US on 4 June but I guess I can forget that now.
Haggischomper,

Put yourself out of your misery and give them a call on the number below, i tell you if i didn't i would of spent another weekend worrying.

09055 444 546

It costs £1.30 a minute but to me it was money well spent!!! The line is open from 8am - 8pm.

James

Last edited by mcjimbo; May 7th 2004 at 12:25 am.
Old May 7th 2004, 12:23 am
Skyscrapered

Haggischomper has a spectacular aura aboutHaggischomper has a spectacular aura aboutHaggischomper has a spectacular aura about

Haggischomper,

Put yourself out of your misery and give them a call on the number below, i tell you if i didn't i would of spent another weekend worrying.

09055 444 546

It costs £1.30 a minute put to me it was money well spent!!!

James
Yeah, I'll give it a bash when I get home - can't phone those numbers from my work phone, more's the pity.
Old May 7th 2004, 12:34 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

YEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Many congrats, James & Angie!!!!! Looks like your dreams have come true for your big day!!!!! You'll have a great day in London, and we'll all be thinking of you both!

Kate. xxxxx
Old May 7th 2004, 12:35 am
heading to Ohio

widge is an unknown quantity at this point

[WOOOOHOOOO CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!!

can only guess after sooooo long how happy you must be feeling !

My only thought though as I'm a born worrier is that as the visa is sent out rather than handed to you (I believe this is now the case with London) can you guarantee British post will have it with you in time to fly!

So happy your gonna make your own wedding with time to spare ;-)
Old May 7th 2004, 1:21 am
BE Enthusiast

MrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really nice

Hi all,

(0)20 7499-9000

09055 444 546

James

What good news to begin your weekend !!. Congratulations James.
Old May 7th 2004, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

theangells is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations !! Isn't it such a big relief for you ?? Good luck for your interview !!
Old May 7th 2004, 1:26 am
kud
BE Enthusiast

kud is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

(0)20 7499-9000

09055 444 546

James
What a way to start the Weekend. Congrats.
Old May 7th 2004, 1:27 am
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations! Sounds like you'll arrive in plenty of time for the big day in July. Good luck at the interview!

Juliet
Old May 7th 2004, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

nkem4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

(0)20 7499-9000

09055 444 546

James

A great day for you indeed. Here's to a wonderful continued journey together with your loved one
Old May 7th 2004, 1:36 am
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold

yay!! you;re almost there..

best of luck to you on June 2nd
Old May 7th 2004, 3:23 am
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

Not to rain on your party; BUT. you have an interview...not an approval. There is a difference. I don't recall your mentioning any potential problems but you never know. I would keep my employer in the loop but wouldn't burn my bridges as to work and housing.

Hi all,

(0)20 7499-9000

09055 444 546

James
Old May 7th 2004, 5:50 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by lpdiver
Not to rain on your party; BUT. you have an interview...not an approval. There is a difference. I don't recall your mentioning any potential problems but you never know. I would keep my employer in the loop but wouldn't burn my bridges as to work and housing.
Congratulations on your upcoming interview, James!! But I tend to agree with lpdiver (after running into too many snags myself) - you might just want to wait until you have the visa in hand to make any life-altering final decisions. But then again, I'm a worry-wart

Enjoy your good news day!!
Rene
Old May 7th 2004, 6:31 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations! That awaited date was finally give to know. I know exactly how relieved you must feel right now!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.