Will my K-3 be denied?

Old Nov 13th 2005, 7:57 pm
Eddie Beckstead

Default Will my K-3 be denied?

I was just informed that my wifes K-3 visa might be denied, because I filed
both the I-130 and I-129F before we were married.
If it is denied, what can I do, to get her here?

Old Nov 13th 2005, 9:25 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will my K-3 be denied?

Originally Posted by Eddie Beckstead
Hi Eddie,

My guess is that it will be denied, yes. If you were not married at the time of filing those documents, you did not qualify for the benefit of a K-3. Part of the evidence you needed to turn in was your marriage certificate.

You will have to wait until the denial or RFE comes. If they only require you to provide proof that you are now married, you can continue on in the process. (Personally I doubt that will happen, as you filed it incorrectly when you were not eligible.) My guess is that you will have to re-file now that you are married and can prove it.

Best Wishes,
Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Nov 13th 2005 at 9:28 pm.
Old Nov 13th 2005, 10:19 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Why did you do something dumb like that? Of course it will be denied because the filing is invalid. You filed for a marriage that did not exist at the time.

Start all over again.
Old Nov 13th 2005, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

dreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud of

From personal experience (mine being a K1 and not a K3) you will be denied. We filed our K1 at the wrong time (after advise from USCIS) but it was still denied, but we filed a second application while my fiance was here on holiday and posted it off to Nebraska, (this was before we had even heard whether we had been denied or not) because we would rather pay twice for the application and get the second one moving, rather than wait for the first to be denied and have to wait months again...... so my advise would be, if you feel it will be denied, then file a second one now
Old Nov 14th 2005, 12:01 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I filed both the I-130 and I-129F before we were married.
Well, that's just about the most stupid thing you could possibly have done!

I'm not sure I want you to get her here! You might breed with her... and the collective intelligence of the US population may decline as a result!

Ian