Hi..! What is Packet4?

Old Nov 11th 2005, 12:40 pm
EG+JG

JG+EG has a brilliant futureJG+EG has a brilliant futureJG+EG has a brilliant futureJG+EG has a brilliant futureJG+EG has a brilliant futureJG+EG has a brilliant future
Default Hi..! What is Packet4?

Hi. Me again! What is Packet4. Ive had Packet3 Instruction package and completed and sent back.. All evidence etc collated. Any idea what Packet4 is?? Ive heard i am to expect this next? Is Packet4 the Interview date/time = Any ideas? JG
Old Nov 11th 2005, 12:45 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi..! What is Packet4?

Originally Posted by JG+EG
Hi. Me again! What is Packet4. Ive had Packet3 Instruction package and completed and sent back.. All evidence etc collated. Any idea what Packet4 is?? Ive heard i am to expect this next? Is Packet4 the Interview date/time = Any ideas? JG

Don't know why they call it package 4 (someone a few years ago started with the numbering system) but yes, it is the interview letter.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 12:48 pm
EG+JG

JG+EG has a brilliant futureJG+EG has a brilliant futureJG+EG has a brilliant futureJG+EG has a brilliant futureJG+EG has a brilliant futureJG+EG has a brilliant future
Default Re: Hi..! What is Packet4? (Reply

Ok!! Thought so! Thanks again for your help!!! JG
Old Nov 11th 2005, 1:15 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JG+EG
Hi:

For decades, the Department of State used a "Packet" system for processing immigrant visas. It was a pre-computer case management system. The initial processing set of forms was Packet 3 and the final set for the interview [with interview notice] was Packet 4.

About 2 or 3 years ago, the "Packet" system was officially abolished, but there is still vestigial use of the terms.

Another change -- Department of State forms used to be "Official Forms" and had the prefix of "OF". They now use "DS". The numbers remained the same -- i.e. the OF-230 became the DS-230. Don't fret if you see references to an "OF-xxx" and you have "DS-xxx."
Old Nov 11th 2005, 1:25 pm
EG+JG

Hi!! Thanks so much! Thats great... Did you see my earlier msg on the page about I-134 / I-864??? Any ideas on that!!!??? Cheers, JG
Old Nov 11th 2005, 1:25 pm
WayneA

WayneA is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm looking for more details on packet 4...

As you may have read in a previous message, my interview letter was sent to me by another applicant who I believe had accidentally been sent my letter with her letter and packet 4. Unfortunately all I have is the letter, and not the so-called packet 4 which should also be enclosed.

I have emailed the Embassy in London to inform them of the mistake and asked them to re-send the packet. In the meantime could you tell me what else is meant to come in packet 4 (besides the single-sheeted letter)? If it doesn't come in time for the interview, should I be worried?
Old Nov 11th 2005, 1:39 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WayneA

As you may have read in a previous message, my interview letter was sent to me by another applicant who I believe had accidentally been sent my letter with her letter and packet 4. Unfortunately all I have is the letter, and not the so-called packet 4 which should also be enclosed.

I have emailed the Embassy in London to inform them of the mistake and asked them to re-send the packet. In the meantime could you tell me what else is meant to come in packet 4 (besides the single-sheeted letter)? If it doesn't come in time for the interview, should I be worried?

What did you anticipate to come with the interview letter?
Old Nov 11th 2005, 2:00 pm
WayneA

Originally Posted by Rete
What did you anticipate to come with the interview letter?
I didn't necessarily anticipate anything, but the letter states something like: packet 4 is enclosed with this letter, so I just pressumed that the packet may provide further details on what to expect at the Embassy/interview (i.e. last minute prep info).
Old Nov 11th 2005, 3:58 pm
Concierge

I didn't necessarily anticipate anything, but the letter states something like: packet 4 is enclosed with this letter, so I just pressumed that the packet may provide further details on what to expect at the Embassy/interview (i.e. last minute prep info).

Did your package 3 include the information on prepaying the visa fee at the Barclay Bank? That might have been included. You might want to do a google search of alt.visa.us.marriage-based to see what others have said came in their package.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 4:23 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

BTW, "Packet 4" for "K" visas is different than for "Immigrant Visa." The quotation marks is because the "K" is notionaly a NON-immigrant visa -- but it is processed pretty much as if its an immigrant visa.

You may have stated what you are applying for in another string, but not in this one.
Old Nov 14th 2005, 6:59 am
WayneA

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla

You may have stated what you are applying for in another string, but not in this one.
I, or rather my wife is applying for an 'immigrant visa' - IR-1
Old Nov 14th 2005, 7:20 am
WayneA

Originally Posted by Rete
You might want to do a google search of alt.visa.us.marriage-based to see what others have said came in their package.
Following a bit of google digging, I've found that the packet 4 for an immigrant visa is meant to contain:
1) Form OF-171 (Immigrant Visa Appointment Letter)
2) Form OF-171 Supplement (local form or IVACS form, post-specific info like location, fees, appointment procedures)
3) Form DS-230 Part II
4) Instructions on medical exam (local form)

We've got 1), but not 2), 3) and 4). I have downloaded form DS-230 Part II, and am not too worried about the medical exam instructions as my wife has already received the results of her exam (still in sealed envelope). It is the supplement which I think would be useful (and perhaps necessary?). Anyway, I've emailed the Embassy about this problem and we're keeping our fingers crossed that the packet will arrive in time (appointment date 6th Dec).