Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

What's going on at VSC... and "fiance in the military" question?

What's going on at VSC... and "fiance in the military" question?

Old Jun 28th 2002, 12:20 pm
Marjeta

Default What's going on at VSC... and "fiance in the military" question?

Me and my fiance are worried because we still haven't received NOA#1 from the VSC
while he mailed out the petition on June 12th. Has anybody else heard from Vermont
lately??? I was just wondering if this has anything to do with him being stationed on
a carrier, because he did fill out on the form I-129F, line /C. Other information/
(If you are serving overseas in the Armed Forces of the US, your current mailing
address and the date you will return to the US). I never got the answer to WHY they
need this particular information, even after searching for past posts. Does anyone
know? Is it possible that they will be mailing him on to the military address, until
he is home, or that they will not deal with our application until he is home? As far
as I understood it is the address you put in line /A. 2. Address/ that they will use
for mailing and he put his U.S. (uncle's) address there. I am frustrated because I
cannot contact anyone, not being the US citizen. He will be back on land next week so
we will probably try to find out more then, but I'm so impatient. The legal officer
on their ship was not useful, I believe, all they did was a background check on me,
which went OK.

M

Old Jun 28th 2002, 12:54 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's going on at VSC... and "fiance in the military" question?

Well I'm not at all certain of the procedure but if they asked for the current mailing address if you are serving overseas and when you will return and you listed the APO box that handles military mail, it is very likely that the NOA was forwarded to him at that address rather than the address on item #2.

Have you done a search on Google for military and service. There have a few militarymen who petitioned for financees while being overseas and perhaps their posts will give you the information you require.

R
Old Jun 28th 2002, 1:20 pm
Xtrynytix

>Me and my fiance are worried because we still haven't received NOA#1 from the VSC
    >while he mailed out the petition on June 12th. Has anybody else heard from Vermont
    >lately???

Be patient toots.......it can take a while )

You'll get it...

Old Jun 28th 2002, 8:20 pm
Marjeta

Rete <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Have you done a search on Google for military and service. There have a few
    > militarymen who petitioned for financees while being overseas and perhaps their
    > posts will give you the information you require.

I have searched for this kind of information but I didn't find anything useful that
would apply to our case... I'm concerned about that we may have messed something up
and that it'll cause a delay in getting the petition approved...