What happens now?

Old Apr 11th 2016, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

BigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond repute
Default What happens now?

Hey guys,

So we got our NOA2 approval pretty quickly, 51 days - not too shabby considering I was expecting several months at least. What do we do now? From my understanding we need to wait a couple of weeks before we can call NVC and get our case number, as without the case number I can't book a medical - is this correct?

Also - does it matter who calls NVC? IE me or my fiance?

I'm up to date with my vaccinations and my police certificate is on the way.

Thanks guys!
Old Apr 11th 2016, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

Devakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What happens now?

They will send you a letter with the LND (case) number on it......my husbands took about 11 days after we got the notification that the I-130 was approved......you don't call them......
Old Apr 11th 2016, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

BigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond repute

The letter will be sent to me, right? I'm the beneficiary and my fiance is the US citizen
Old Apr 11th 2016, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

Devakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond repute

He got the letter addressed to him....hope I am not misleading you as we are both in the UK and been married for 6 years......if I am wrong I am sure someone will correct me......hope all goes well for you on your journey........
Old Apr 11th 2016, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for your help
Old Apr 11th 2016, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

You are very welcome.......:-)
Old Apr 11th 2016, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond repute

Your Fiancee will get a letter (NOA2) saying the I-129F has been approved. You'll get a letter in a few weeks from the London Embassy to say they have received your case and what your LND number is. You can call NVC in the meantime if you wish to ask for it (I did) but be prepared to try about 30 times and wait on hold often. When they are really busy, you don't even join a queue, the call just fails.

You can book your medical with just your LND number, but when you go to the medical they will need to see thel letter from the embassy, not just your number, so not much point in booking it until you have that.
Old Apr 11th 2016, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for clearing that up scottyvisa......
Old Apr 11th 2016, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome!
Old Apr 11th 2016, 3:49 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Devakiri
They will send you a letter with the LND (case) number on it......my husbands took about 11 days after we got the notification that the I-130 was approved......you don't call them......
The OP's case is very different, as he is doing a K-1 fiance visa after having filed an I-129F petition in the USA.

Different path than yours.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Apr 11th 2016 at 4:40 pm.
Old Apr 11th 2016, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Noorah101
The OP's case is very different, as he is doing a K-1 fiance visa after having filed an I-129F petition in the USA.

Different path than yours.

Rene
Ah sorry, forgot to mention we filed an I-129F!

Last edited by Noorah101; Apr 11th 2016 at 4:40 pm.
Old Apr 11th 2016, 4:40 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigBoss1984
Ah sorry, forgot to mention we filed an I-129F!
Some of us could tell by your use of the word fiancé instead of spouse.

Rene
Old Apr 11th 2016, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

I realized it was different when I saw he had a fiance...that is why I was glad when scottyvisa clarified and I told him I thought I was misleading him.......
Old Apr 11th 2016, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

HannahGreen is just really niceHannahGreen is just really niceHannahGreen is just really niceHannahGreen is just really niceHannahGreen is just really niceHannahGreen is just really niceHannahGreen is just really niceHannahGreen is just really niceHannahGreen is just really niceHannahGreen is just really niceHannahGreen is just really nice

After the NOA2, the case gets transferred to the NVC and they forward it to the Embassy. The embassy then sends you (the UKC) the case number you need to book the medical. You can go ahead and order the police certificate now so that you are ready to book the medical as soon as you get the case number. Be aware that you need several forms of ID to apply for the police certificate - you might want to go online and check that you have them. My fiance does all his banking on-line and it took about 2 weeks to get a paper record from the bank.

There is also a time-line thread for the K-1 -
http://britishexpats.com/forum/marri...-863027/page3/

It took us 3 weeks between NO2 to the Embassy issuing the case number. My fiance's interview is May 5th!

Last edited by HannahGreen; Apr 11th 2016 at 9:47 pm. Reason: oops - just saw that you already ordered your police certificate!