Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

what is an "ACCO" fastner? The dumbest question might be the one I don't ask??

what is an "ACCO" fastner? The dumbest question might be the one I don't ask??

Old Nov 4th 2003, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

infotec28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default what is an "ACCO" fastner? The dumbest question might be the one I don't ask??

Hello,

To me this means a paper clip. As a matter of fact when I went out last night, I saw a bunch of paperclips made by "ACCO"

Am I spot on?

Thanks again!
Old Nov 4th 2003, 1:08 pm
former Rochesterian

katina is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: what is an "ACCO" fastner? The dumbest question might be the one I don't ask??

Originally posted by infotec28
Hello,

To me this means a paper clip. As a matter of fact when I went out last night, I saw a bunch of paperclips made by "ACCO"

Am I spot on?

Thanks again!
It's more like a prong fastener -- actually one of the many things ACCO makes.

Doing a Google image search I found:
http://www.kheryn.com/k1/acco.jpg
Old Nov 4th 2003, 1:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

MarDae will become famous soon enough
Default Re: what is an "ACCO" fastner? The dumbest question might be the one I don't ask??

Originally posted by katina
It's more like a prong fastener -- actually one of the many things ACCO makes.

Doing a Google image search I found:
http://www.kheryn.com/k1/acco.jpg

Katina's right. The fastener fits the pre punched holes in the papers sent by the BCIS. They are very easy to use and can hold a lot of papers (like the inch and a half tall stack of evidence I sent in with my I-129F LOL! ).

MarDae
Old Nov 4th 2003, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

infotec28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by MarDae
Katina's right. The fastener fits the pre punched holes in the papers sent by the BCIS. They are very easy to use and can hold a lot of papers (like the inch and a half tall stack of evidence I sent in with my I-129F LOL! ).

MarDae
coolness...no question is too dumb to ask lol
Old Nov 4th 2003, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

llorona is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by infotec28
coolness...no question is too dumb to ask lol

Hello,

I used the manilla folders with the acco fasteners. I bought them at Office Depot. Maybe 20 to a pack. It kept everything very organized.

llorona
Old Nov 4th 2003, 2:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MarDae

MarDae
My docs did not have prepunched holes, but then, I didn't call USCIS for the docs; I printed them off the internet. I just paper-clipped certain sections together, inserted a cover letter stating the contents, and placed everything inside a simple folder. So I hope this is good enough!

Jamie
Old Nov 4th 2003, 4:29 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sunflwrgrl13
My docs did not have prepunched holes, but then, I didn't call USCIS for the docs; I printed them off the internet. I just paper-clipped certain sections together, inserted a cover letter stating the contents, and placed everything inside a simple folder. So I hope this is good enough!

Jamie

I two hole punched them but didn't acco bind them because from the postings by others who presented their filings in person, the document examiner took it all apart and put them in their correct piles. Not sure who was the one who mentioned once upon a time that when the package is received via mail, it is separated and then sent to the various departments, i.e. AOS, A/P, EAD, to be processed. Bearing that in mind, what I did was treat each application/petition independently and just clicked everything for that particular petition/application together and mailed them all in the same envelope. Worked for us although might not work for you.

I did, however, acco bound the I-751 and N-400 which went to the service centers since it was a single petition.

Rete