Waiting for a Social Security Number

Waiting for a Social Security Number

Old Sep 22nd 2011, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

hockeysarah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Waiting for a Social Security Number

Originally Posted by britishspouse
yeah I would go in too.

The order in which I got my things were ....

SS number - then 2 days later SS Card

Welcome letter - about 2 weeks after arriving

Green card - 3 days after welcome letter
ok, thanks. I think im going to wait until the end of the month, if nothing ill go to the office and see whats going on!
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 2:37 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

You got a welcome letter from what entity?

SSNs are issued by the Social Security Administration (SSA), so if this letter did not come from the SSA the letter means nothing with regard to when you might be getting a SSN.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by hockeysarah
I have been here nearly 3 weeks now. I have got a welcome letter, saying that they will contact me again within 30 days. Does that mean they will be sending my SSN? Or do i need to go to an office?
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 5:09 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hockeysarah
I have been here nearly 3 weeks now. I have got a welcome letter, saying that they will contact me again within 30 days. Does that mean they will be sending my SSN? Or do i need to go to an office?
The Welcome Letter comes from USCIS, which has no relation to your SSN. Receiving the welcome letter does not mean anything in regards to getting your SSN.

Rene
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

hockeysarah is an unknown quantity at this point

I received my greencard today! I think I will go to a SS office next week. Shall I just take my passport and greencard with me?
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 10:29 pm
Is Female

gnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by britishspouse
yeah I would go in too.

The order in which I got my things were ....

SS number - then 2 days later SS Card

Welcome letter - about 2 weeks after arriving

Green card - 3 days after welcome letter

Think i need to go to the social office too, got my welcome letter, and my greencard a couple weeks ago, but still no social number.