Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

waiting for K1 interview in London

waiting for K1 interview in London

Old Sep 12th 2004, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

dandb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default waiting for K1 interview in London

My packet 3 was received Aug 5th at the Embassy and I have been waiting over a month for the interview date. I have emailed them once with no reply. Anyone else waiting a very long time to hear back or receive packet 4? Any advice?
Old Sep 12th 2004, 11:18 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: waiting for K1 interview in London

Originally Posted by dandb
My packet 3 was received Aug 5th at the Embassy and I have been waiting over a month for the interview date. I have emailed them once with no reply. Anyone else waiting a very long time to hear back or receive packet 4? Any advice?
It took me a while too, but they responded to emails from the missus when she emailed from the US side of things...don't know if it helped...
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 1:47 am
Just Joined

cew602 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Have you received your interview date yet? My fiance sent his immigration paperwork back to the London embassy 2 weeks ago and we have not heard anything. He sent an email asking for them to confirm delivery and I emailed yeseterday asking the same question and have not received a response yet.
Although our wedding date is not until April, I am anxious for him to have the visa while I am going ahead planning the wedding here in the States.
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 1:51 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Are you absolutely sure that your packet was received on that date? Weere you able to track your packet and know that it was delivered?

London is generally known as one of the more punctual and friendly consulates to deal with. I would try emailing them again to inquire whether they have sent out your interview letter yet----it's possible the problem lies with *you* getting the mail that *they* have sent, not the other way around.

Good luck.
~SecretGarden
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 1:55 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the info...
Actually I had my fiance send the immigration forms with delivery confirmation and we tracked throug the Royal Mail that the forms were indeed delivered.
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 2:01 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cew602
Thanks for the info...
Actually I had my fiance send the immigration forms with delivery confirmation and we tracked throug the Royal Mail that the forms were indeed delivered.
Are you the OP? Appears you are due to the same registration date. Anyway, I would certainly continue to follow up with them. Wouldn't waste my time on the costly information line at the consulate. My understanding is that that number is actually somewhere in Glasgow and not even in London at all. As I said, London is a breeze to deal with compared to many other consulates. You could send an email right now inquiring if they have sent your interview date. Long story, but my (now) husband requested to be notified of an interview date with the understanding that his packet three materials were still in transit. We had the date by email before his things even reached them, but he had sent some things to them by email attachment.

They were great. Keep on it and don't feel like you're being a pest. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, and it's your *life* you're wanting to start. Good Luck.

~SecretGarden
~and Mr. Pink
(K-1 US-UK alumni, happily married for almost 8 months)
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 2:07 am
Just Joined

Thanks again for the info, am in the process of emailing them again now. Will do us repeatly until the London embassy responds. I have emailed them before and they responded about the delivery confirmation of the I-129F.
I am sorry, I am newer to this forum, not sure what OP is the abbreviation for. I am the U.S Citizen fiance.
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 2:12 am
The Missus

Originally Posted by cew602
Thanks again for the info, am in the process of emailing them again now. Will do us repeatly until the London embassy responds. I have emailed them before and they responded about the delivery confirmation of the I-129F.
I am sorry, I am newer to this forum, not sure what OP is the abbreviation for. I am the U.S Citizen fiance.
Sorry....OP stands for "Original poster" meaning the initial person asking the question. So dandb is your fiance then?

Keep on it, they're known in this circle to be very very good at getting back to people in a relatively timely fashion. You might just explain in your email that it's been over a month since your information arrived and still no interview date and that you are concerned the interview letter has missed your fiance somehow.

We're all here to share whatever experiences we have had. Lord knows there were so many people on the group who helped the two of us when we were starting out. Give us an update when you hear something. Your post may help other people down the road.
~SecretGarden
~and Mr. Pink
Old Sep 24th 2004, 12:54 am
Just Joined

tvanvelsor is an unknown quantity at this point

Me and my fiance were desperate for an interview, we waited about 2 weeks after we sent in our checklist and packet 3. We heard nothing, so we decided to email the embassy. We told them my fiance was planning on visiting the U.S. and that if we had an interview date it would be easier for him to get entry into the U.S. if we could prove he was absolutely going back to the UK. We were were given an interview date for the 27 of September (4 days from today!!!) that was about a month ago. So emailing does work, but you should fully explain your situation to them, some people there can be very nice

good luck
Old Sep 24th 2004, 2:14 am
Just Joined

Thank you for your experience. I still have not received a reply from London,however, they have responded to another email I sent. I fly out for London tomorrow so will have to hound them when I return. My motivations are more selfish is just wanting to know the visa has been approved before we continue more wedding planning and down deposits.