VWP changing status

Old Mar 18th 2016, 1:07 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VWP changing status

Originally Posted by Pete H
Reposting original question:

Arriving in US on a VWP then changing status after marrying US citizen, how long does one have to fill out the forms and send to immigration?
Impossible to answer without knowing more specifics. Where are YOU, currently?

If you want us to help you, you need to provide more information, not just repeat the same question.

My answer to your original question still stands. You have posed the question in the future, as far as I can tell, which means you are contemplating doing this, which is illegal. If your situation is otherwise, please state your situation in greater detail.

Your previous posts also make your immigration history confusing.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Mar 18th 2016 at 1:10 am.
Old Mar 18th 2016, 1:11 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

It is illegal to change status on VWP?
It's illegal to pre-plan to do this.

Rene
Old Mar 18th 2016, 1:19 am
Forum Regular

Pete H has a reputation beyond reputePete H has a reputation beyond reputePete H has a reputation beyond reputePete H has a reputation beyond reputePete H has a reputation beyond reputePete H has a reputation beyond reputePete H has a reputation beyond reputePete H has a reputation beyond reputePete H has a reputation beyond reputePete H has a reputation beyond reputePete H has a reputation beyond repute

The question is very simple.

Q "How long is it to travel by car from New York City to Orlando Florida"

Ans 1. You know it is illegal to drive without a seatbelt.

Ans 2. Its impossible to say without knowing how to traffic is, what car you are driving, what the weather will be like.

Ans 3. Well looking at your past driving records it looks like you are in Delorean.

Ans 4. Google it.
Old Mar 18th 2016, 1:21 am

Looks like you know how to answer your own questions, then.

Rene
Old Mar 18th 2016, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

Pete H has a reputation beyond reputePete H has a reputation beyond reputePete H has a reputation beyond reputePete H has a reputation beyond reputePete H has a reputation beyond reputePete H has a reputation beyond reputePete H has a reputation beyond reputePete H has a reputation beyond reputePete H has a reputation beyond reputePete H has a reputation beyond reputePete H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
It's illegal to pre-plan to do this.

Rene

I can understand your reply if the question was:

Hi I'm Dan in UK coming to US in June 2016 I plan on knocking up a cute American marrying her and living the dream. Arriving in US on a VWP then changing status after marrying US citizen, how long does one have to fill out the forms and send to immigration?

But it didn't, unless we are in a parallel universe where in yours it said so.
Old Mar 18th 2016, 1:29 am

Exactly. That's why you need to be more specific. We are not mindreaders, and we are not going to hand out advice that could be construed as illegal. Unless you're willing to provide more details, as in your example above, I fear we have come to the end of the conversation.

Rene
Old Mar 18th 2016, 1:31 am

I haven't seen you answer any of my questions. It's a two-way street.

Rene
Old Mar 18th 2016, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

Looks like you know how to answer your own questions, then.

Rene
We are looking for answers like:

90 days

3 months

All depends on the individual, I know of someone who adjusted after 5 years.

Obviously if you don't know then it is best to refrain from answering.
Old Mar 18th 2016, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

I haven't seen you answer any of my questions. It's a two-way street.

Rene
I'd be most happy to answer your questions, once you give me a good factual answer to mine.
Old Mar 18th 2016, 1:55 am

Then I'm afraid we ate at an impasse. Maybe someone else will help you.

I've given you the best answer I could, without further information from you. My apologies.

Rene
Old Mar 18th 2016, 1:57 am

All depends on the individual, I know of someone who adjusted after 5 years.
Exactly. It depends on the individual (circumstances), and since you won't share yours, it's impossible to answer you any more specifically than I have.

Rene
Old Mar 18th 2016, 3:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

You are not allowed to use the vwp after an overstay. Immediate legal counsel is advised.
Old Mar 18th 2016, 3:34 am

If he left the USA in 2011 after a 3-year overstay, he's got a 10-year ban on place anyway, so can't return to the USA until 2021.

Rene
Old Mar 18th 2016, 12:38 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Arriving in US on a VWP then changing status after marrying US citizen, how long does one have to fill out the forms and send to immigration?
The VWP gives you 90 days in the US... but the 30/60 rule is a myth and if you are currently outside the US, you can't enter the US until 2021 because of your prior VWP overstay and the automatic 10-year ban that was triggered the day you left the US. Further, attempting to enter the US when you have a ban in place is a felony, and will result in a lifetime ban from the US.

Short answer, though, there is no actual time limit to file the paperwork.

Ian
Old Mar 18th 2016, 2:54 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

If he left the USA in 2011 after a 3-year overstay, he's got a 10-year ban on place anyway, so can't return to the USA until 2021.

Rene
He has posted in another thread that he has put his snow blower away until next season, so he is apparently in the US, snow blowers not being standard equipment in the UK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.