Reload this Page >

Visitor Visa Fiancee and GC holder

Visitor Visa Fiancee and GC holder

Old Nov 5th 2003, 3:40 am
Just Joined

PureMood is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visitor Visa Fiancee and GC holder

Hi there,

I would really appreciate if someone can help me understand a few questions/dilemmas of mine:-

I am a GC holder and I got it 2 years back. My fiancee is an Indian citizen and she has a 10 year multiple entry tourist visa to US. I was just looking for some options under which we can spend more time together.

- Will it be better to get married in US or in India.

- Then will she have problems at port of entry on each of the multiple trips when she states that her husband is a GC holder; although she got the tourist visa before the marriage.

- Can I file an immigrant petition I-130 for her without jeopardizing her multiple entry visa status. Can she keep on visiting me even after I-130 is filed on her behalf. Is the wait still going to 5-6 years or it will be little lesser as we got married in US.

- Or should I wait for another 2.5-3 years until I get my naturalization certificate. And at that point I should file an immigrant petition for her which will another 2 years (correct me if I am wrong). Will this be a better approach than the last one.

- Or should we stay together without getting married and once I get naturalized, I should file I-129 (K1 fiancee visa) which may be better than the previous two approches.

Can you please suggest which approach will be more smooth so that we can spend more time together; And if I am missing some other approach; please share that one also.

A few words in reply will be highly appreciated.

Thanks muchly for any help.
Old Nov 5th 2003, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of
Default Re: Visitor Visa Fiancee and GC holder

Originally posted by PureMood
Hi there,

I would really appreciate if someone can help me understand a few questions/dilemmas of mine:-

I am a GC holder and I got it 2 years back. My fiancee is an Indian citizen and she has a 10 year multiple entry tourist visa to US. I was just looking for some options under which we can spend more time together.

- Will it be better to get married in US or in India.

- Then will she have problems at port of entry on each of the multiple trips when she states that her husband is a GC holder; although she got the tourist visa before the marriage.

- Can I file an immigrant petition I-130 for her without jeopardizing her multiple entry visa status. Can she keep on visiting me even after I-130 is filed on her behalf. Is the wait still going to 5-6 years or it will be little lesser as we got married in US.

- Or should I wait for another 2.5-3 years until I get my naturalization certificate. And at that point I should file an immigrant petition for her which will another 2 years (correct me if I am wrong). Will this be a better approach than the last one.

- Or should we stay together without getting married and once I get naturalized, I should file I-129 (K1 fiancee visa) which may be better than the previous two approches.

Can you please suggest which approach will be more smooth so that we can spend more time together; And if I am missing some other approach; please share that one also.

A few words in reply will be highly appreciated.

Thanks muchly for any help.
Hi

Although you have found a valuable source of information in this NG, with the amount of and type of questions/dilemmas you have posted here, I think the only suitable solution for you is to start by booking a consultation with an experienced Immigration lawyer.

They should be able to answer all your questions and suggest the best route for you to take.

Good luck