Reload this Page >

visiting whilst being processed

visiting whilst being processed

Old Mar 17th 2010, 10:37 pm
Just Joined

hawaiibound is an unknown quantity at this point
Default visiting whilst being processed

Hey guys,

great answers on the last q i had, just looking at the land mine that is the I-129F petition right now. Looks like a barrel of laughs.

So here is my next question.

I have read on here that we can visit each other while we are being 'processed', but the officer at the POE can turn you away if you don't meet his requirements or if he has had a bad morning:

(I have encountered more than one of them, most recently valentines day, got the full interrogation, must have been something he ate: 'let me in god damn it, its love!')

So to the point: would it be much easier for her to visit me in the u.k?

or

we figured hey, lets go to a different country all together to see each other for weekends and such, i mean there is more to our wonderful world than the u.s and the u.k (right now, it doesn't feel like it)

so.

do you think that would be a better option and we would pass through the ports with no (relative) hassle?

I am starting to love you guys more and more

Matt
Old Mar 17th 2010, 10:54 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: visiting whilst being processed

I'd say the way to go with the least hassle is to meet in a 3rd country.

Rene
Old Mar 18th 2010, 1:40 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: visiting whilst being processed

Originally Posted by hawaiibound
I have read on here that we can visit each other while we are being 'processed', but the officer at the POE can turn you away if you don't meet his requirements or if he has had a bad morning:
Well, many people do tend to equate discretion and judgement with arbitrary when they don't like a CBP officer's decision, but the requirements are in the law that it's the officer's job to enforce.

(I have encountered more than one of them, most recently valentines day, got the full interrogation, must have been something he ate: 'let me in god damn it, its love!')
Love is not a valid reason for entering the USA. Beyond that, love tends to cause people to want to stay when they are not supposed to, which can make it a valid reason for denying entry to the USA. Regardless of what a CBP officer has eaten.

So to the point: would it be much easier for her to visit me in the u.k?
What do UK immigration officers eat before reporting to work?