help with G325

Old Mar 18th 2010, 1:13 pm
Just Joined

dannyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help with G325

Please can someone help me with the G325A. We are about to submit this with the I130 but Im not quite sure what to put on the "applicants residence for last 5 years" and "applicants employment last five years"

See the problem is ive always been resident in the UK but took a working holiday visa for australia and done 10 months backpacking in australia so was unsure what to write. My residence has always been in england so was just going to write my uk addresses in this but did not want this to conflict with my emloyment history due to working in australia, any help will be greatly appreciated.

thank you all.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 1:27 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help with G325

Although your permanent residence was the UK, you need to put down those 10 months you were traveling and working in Australia on the G325A.

It is just that simple - for example

2/2002 - 12/2002 Extensive travel in Australia
Old Mar 18th 2010, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

dannyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete
Although your permanent residence was the UK, you need to put down those 10 months you were traveling and working in Australia on the G325A.

thanks for the reply rete i really appreciate it, there were so many questions I had regarding this as i also visited 5 other countries but only on short visits so i just called the us embassy and they said under residence just put your addresses in uk and under the travelling gap write "see attached" and the same with employment and then in an attatchment letter write my dates of travel and the countries and include employment details on that

thanks again
Old Mar 18th 2010, 1:54 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Observation: the traditional legal definition of "residence" allows for multiple residences at one time. The principal residence under traditional definition is one's "domicile." One can have but one "domicile" but many "residences" at any given time.

No advice given nor intended.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 1:57 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

I agree. Distinguishing between visiting and residing on the basis of time alone can be very subjective, but I think 10 months is long enough to consider his time in Australia as residing especially since he was working.

Only 2 more months and he would need a police certificate.

Regards, JEff