Reload this Page >

Visa Approved - Flights book - Whats next

Visa Approved - Flights book - Whats next

Old Feb 27th 2019, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

scar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa Approved - Flights book - Whats next

Hello,

I have had my visa (spouse visa) approved in January and my passport is stamped and I have the big white 'do not open envelope' at home. We have booked out flights and arrive in Dallas on May 11th! very exciting

My questions are around what happens next:
  1. I am sure I read someplace that I have a final payment to be made and I can do this online? and it's better to do this in advance or travelling?
  2. I am starting to apply for jobs and interview remotely - am I able to begin working immediately? or do I need to wait to get a SSN?

Many thanks,
Scott
Old Feb 27th 2019, 2:51 pm
JJ123

Jamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Approved - Flights book - Whats next

You can begin working immediately, there's no need to wait for your SSN. You'll probably want to make a visit to your local Social Security office after 2 or 3 weeks to apply for your SSN, don't expect it to arrive in the mail like it's supposed to! Good luck with everything!
Old Feb 27th 2019, 2:51 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

1. That payment is for the green card production. Instructions for payment should habe been included in the packet you received from the embassy.

2. You can begin working immediately.

Rene
Old Feb 27th 2019, 3:36 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Many people pre-pay that fee for production of the green card before traveling. Check to see if you have already paid it.

When was your medical. You are aware that you need to enter the US with the visa within six months of the date of the medical, not the date of the visa.
Old Feb 28th 2019, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

scar is an unknown quantity at this point

yes, medical was on the 3rd January and flights booked for the 11th May so its all good :-)