Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Vaccination Records for Immigrant Visa

Vaccination Records for Immigrant Visa

Old May 24th 2015, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

Mairen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vaccination Records for Immigrant Visa

Hi there! me and my husband were planning on making the doctor's appointment tomorrow for our cr-1 visa. I was carefully going over the information on the website when I noticed this phrase tucked away at the end of one of the paragraphs: ""If the vaccination record is not in english, please have the document translated and signed by a doctor."

My husband is duel citizen Polish/English. We had his old medical records shipped over from Poland for the purpose of this visa. They are all in Polish. He can get a translation made by himself, but we don't understand about having a doctor sign the translation. (He no longer has a current doctor in Poland, and the doctor here in England would have no way of knowing if the records were translated accurately since they don't speak Polish.)

Am I misunderstanding something here, or does my husband really have to go to his doctor and ask him to sign a translated document that he won't be able to check for accuracy anyways?
Old May 24th 2015, 11:47 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccination Records for Immigrant Visa

If the record is in Polish, how will the English speaking doctor understand it?

Do you have the link to what you are reading?

Rene
Old May 24th 2015, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

that's what I was confused about too. here's the link to where I'm getting this:
http://photos.state.gov/libraries/un...8a_medical.pdf

it's at the end of the "what to expect at the medical examination" section.
Old May 25th 2015, 12:03 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds to me like his Polish record needs to be translated and signed by s doctor who knows both Polish and English. With that being said, if that isn't possible, the UK doc can use other methods of determining what vaccinations your husband needs, without looking at the vaccination record.

Rene
Old May 25th 2015, 12:10 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mairen
Am I misunderstanding something here, or does my husband really have to go to his doctor and ask him to sign a translated document that he won't be able to check for accuracy anyways?
Your husband can do the translation himself and then certify that the translation is accurate by affixing the "magic language". The doctor doesn't need to know Polish... he only needs to be reasonably assured that the translation is accurate - which your husband is doing.

Here's the "magic language": "I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America that the foregoing is true and correct. Executed on <date>. <signature>"

The language serves as a legal jurat and is acceptable to US immigration and, by extension, should be to the doctor.

Ian
Old May 25th 2015, 12:10 am
Forum Regular

Alright, I'm glad that if worse comes to worse, we're not completely at a dead end if we can't find a doctor here that speaks both polish and english. thanks both of you for your advice!
Old May 25th 2015, 12:36 am

Ian, I agree with you about the translation. .. except on the instructions it says the translation is supposed to be signed by a doctor. I don't think Knightsbridge will be that picky, though.

Rene
Old May 25th 2015, 1:39 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
.. except on the instructions it says the translation is supposed to be signed by a doctor.
Yes, the doctor can sign the translation. All he needs is to know is that it's accurate - and the jurat will ensure that.

Ian
Old May 25th 2015, 9:09 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

IMHO, I think the syntax of the instruction sheet is not the best it can be. I read that a reasonable interpretation is that the certificate has to be signed by the doctor and it must be translated. When there is an ambiguity, go with the one that does not border on absurd.

Why not call Knightsbridge and ask?
Old May 25th 2015, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

It might be easier/cheaper to just go to your GP and get the necessary vaccinations re-done. Even if you have the records translated, if the vaccinations weren't done recently, Knightsbridge may well decide that boosters are required anyway.