Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

USC + UKC Marriage and VISAS options to remain together??

USC + UKC Marriage and VISAS options to remain together??

Old Jul 26th 2020, 7:54 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USC + UKC Marriage and VISAS options to remain together??

I'm not sure what you mean by "savings route". The route to the USA is the Spouse Immigrant Visa (CR-1 if married less than 2 years). The savings refers to her ability to financially sponsor you for the visa.

Research the I-864 Affidavit of Support form.

But that is not due until after the I-130 gets approved and the case is at NVC...perhaps 6 to 8 months after filing the I-130.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Jul 26th 2020 at 8:00 pm.
Old Jul 26th 2020, 8:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

How to apply under the I-130

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/explore-...n-for-a-spouse

Instructions for I-864 Affadavit of support form

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...64instr-pc.pdf
Old Jul 26th 2020, 8:27 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

You seem to have little actual knowledge about the process, which is understandable, but you should take time to read up on the IR-1 and that will answer many of the questions you may have.
Old Jul 26th 2020, 8:54 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

"Savings route" refers to sponsoring a foreign Spouse into the UK unless I am mistaken.
Old Jul 27th 2020, 2:45 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RICH
"Savings route" refers to sponsoring a foreign Spouse into the UK unless I am mistaken.
Or into the US, as in this case.

"Savings", "assets", I am not sure why this has confused Noorah, but both the UK and US allow someone to sponsor their spouse for a visa to live and work in the country on the basis of accumulated savings, .... or assets or investments, or cash. Call it what you like, it means the sponsor doesn't have to prove on-going income. ..... And yes, I know that the UK requires that you have (converted your investments into) literal "cash in the bank".
Old Jul 27th 2020, 3:30 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I was just confused about the term "savings route". I didn't want the OP to think that's all it took. I was just pointing out that having savings overcomes the financial support issue, but that the savings itself is not the route.

Rene