update

Old Jan 16th 2013, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

aaronjamie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default update

hey guys

been in the states since the end of november on the k1 visa, we got our marriage license and we are going to send of the AoS package in the next three or four weeks

i went to the social security office on december 28 and i was on the system, however the details ssa had on me didn't match up to what had been entered by immigration when i entered the country in november, therefore they had to fax uscis to confirm my details and this could take up to four weeks

almost three weeks now and no mail yet, anyone experienced this before?
Old Jan 16th 2013, 2:07 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: update

Yes.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by aaronjamie
... anyone experienced this before?
Old Jan 16th 2013, 2:15 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... therefore they had to fax uscis to confirm my details and this could take up to four weeks
They lied... it'll probably take 8-10 weeks.

Ian
Old Jan 16th 2013, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

whattttt? it says four weeks on the letter they printed and gave me when i went to the ss office
Old Jan 16th 2013, 3:02 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

whattttt? it says four weeks on the letter they printed and gave me when i went to the ss office
I'm not sure what your details are, exactly, but when my fiance came over on a K-1, SSA had to manually verify his information (because he's from Iran). It took about 6 weeks to get the manual verification done, and a further 2 weeks to get the card in the mail....so about 8 weeks altogether (after filing the SSN application).

Your mileage may vary.

Rene
Old Jan 16th 2013, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

The guy at the office said it was because the visa i had on my passport had different detail/s then on the uscis system when he looked on the computer
Old Jan 16th 2013, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

I think he possibly meant the classification 'k1' etc

The letter was a standard one, im hoping the processing times arent 8 weeks
Old Jan 20th 2013, 4:17 am
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

I've been a permanent resident since 2005. I recently lost my actual SSN card that I've had since then, and all I needed was a new one. They had to verify my status to send me a new card... took a good six weeks. Sounds to me the 4 weeks they told you wasn't very accurate.
Old Jan 21st 2013, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

I called them on friday and they still haven't a response from homeland security, will call again in a few days time
Old Jan 21st 2013, 8:44 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I called them on friday and they still haven't a response from homeland security, will call again in a few days time
I understand your frustration, but calling them every few days isn't going to speed things up at all. Why not just take a deep breath and wait patiently?

Ian
Old Jan 21st 2013, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

i've noticed it takes forever for people to get stuff done here, the letter says four weeks. i have written proof to show they told me four weeks, so this friday is the four weeks up
Old Jan 21st 2013, 9:47 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

i've noticed it takes forever for people to get stuff done here, the letter says four weeks. i have written proof to show they told me four weeks, so this friday is the four weeks up
Government agencies are not obligated to abide by any information they give you.

Rene
Old Jan 21st 2013, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

that's kinda shocking, but unsurprising
Old Jan 21st 2013, 10:17 pm
Account Closed

i have written proof to show they told me four weeks...
You say that as though you think it's going to make a difference! The US Supreme Court has upheld the notion that you can not count on, as accurate, anything told to you by a US government employee. That goes for the forms also.

There's absolutely nothing you can do. If it takes longer, you have no recourse whatsoever.

Welcome to the USA.

Ian
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

it's dumb but you're right
thanks for the help guys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.