update

Old Jan 22nd 2013, 2:33 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: update

I've checked my calendar and based on the information that you've provided I can confirm your calculations. Yes indeed, the four weeks is up this Friday.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by aaronjamie
i've noticed it takes forever for people to get stuff done here, the letter says four weeks. i have written proof to show they told me four weeks, so this friday is the four weeks up
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

aaronjamie is an unknown quantity at this point

so i just called my local social security office, spoke to a different person who again went off to check the mail for a response from homeland security. nothing again... but, he told me when he returned that he went ahead and checked their internal system that they have access to and it all checks out, so he has processed it and i will receive my card within 10 days
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 4:45 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

so i just called my local social security office, spoke to a different person who again went off to check the mail for a response from homeland security. nothing again... but, he told me when he returned that he went ahead and checked their internal system that they have access to and it all checks out, so he has processed it and i will receive my card within 10 days
Excellent!

If you need to know the actual SSN, you can go to the office in person, show photo ID, and get the number. The card has to come in the mail.

Rene
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

yeah, i did ask if i could have the number over the phone and i was politely told what you just said, haha
thanks rene
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

not sure why the person i spoke to last week couldn't do that
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 5:06 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

not sure why the person i spoke to last week couldn't do that
They probably could have, but didn't offer it to you.

Rene
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

exactly what i was thinking, rene
Old Jan 26th 2013, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

okay so my ssn just arrived in the mail which is great, on the front it says 'valid for work only with dhs authorization'
on the back it says 'if you are an alien legally in the us with temporary permission to work, your social security card will be marked "valid for work only with dhs authorization" if you show this to an employer as evidence of employment eligibility, you will also have to show your us immigration document authorizing employment'

does this mean i can work? or not?
Old Jan 26th 2013, 8:34 pm

okay so my ssn just arrived in the mail which is great, on the front it says 'valid for work only with dhs authorization'
on the back it says 'if you are an alien legally in the us with temporary permission to work, your social security card will be marked "valid for work only with dhs authorization" if you show this to an employer as evidence of employment eligibility, you will also have to show your us immigration document authorizing employment'

does this mean i can work? or not?
It means you can work if you have the proper work authorization from DHS. For you, that would be your EAD.

Rene
Old Jan 26th 2013, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

i had an inkling it was that
thanks again, rene

out of interest, any ideas which bank is the best to go with?
Old Jan 26th 2013, 9:06 pm

i had an inkling it was that
thanks again, rene

You mean to open a bank account? Nope, I can't see where one is better than any other. We bank at Wells Fargo and are happy with them.

Rene
Old Jan 26th 2013, 11:11 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Yes - the one that charges no user fees and gives you a decent interest rate!

Ian
Old Jan 28th 2013, 3:55 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck finding that one!

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Yes - the one that charges no user fees and gives you a decent interest rate!

Ian