Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Ummmmm, Online Case Status Update

Ummmmm, Online Case Status Update

Old Nov 19th 2006, 8:08 am
Hull lass

workboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ummmmm, Online Case Status Update

I logged onto the USCIS site to check my case (bear in mind the last few weeks have all said they received the information from the RFE) and was expecting not to see anything (previous update was 10/22/06).....it pops up with an update of 11/18/06 so silently soiling me kegs, I opened up the status.........and get this........

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed.

On August 12, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

I must admit I'm a bit confused.......is this an update on my I-601 (which we filed Nov 1st - 4 days before the cutoff date) or did they just re-word the original?
Sorry to sound a bit thick, like, but I am from Hull!
Old Nov 19th 2006, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ummmmm, Online Case Status Update

Originally Posted by workboresme
I logged onto the USCIS site to check my case (bear in mind the last few weeks have all said they received the information from the RFE) and was expecting not to see anything (previous update was 10/22/06).....it pops up with an update of 11/18/06 so silently soiling me kegs, I opened up the status.........and get this........

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed.

On August 12, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

I must admit I'm a bit confused.......is this an update on my I-601 (which we filed Nov 1st - 4 days before the cutoff date) or did they just re-word the original?
It says pretty clearly that they got your response to the RFE... on August 12th...
Old Nov 20th 2006, 8:06 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

No problem: lots of people are from Hull, so no need to be embarassed. Can you remind us again why you needed to file the I-601? Overstay, CIMT? In many cases the fact of requiring an I-601 is the rate-limiting-step, so that in itself may be a consideration...
Old Nov 20th 2006, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

airborne83x is an unknown quantity at this point

You should be receiving something special by mail in 10-14 days.

Good Luck
Old Nov 20th 2006, 10:33 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by airborne83x
You should be receiving something special by mail in 10-14 days.

Good Luck
Another RFE?