Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Time involved I-130 and I-129f for K-1

Time involved I-130 and I-129f for K-1

Old Nov 4th 2003, 5:33 pm
Charles

Default Time involved I-130 and I-129f for K-1

Does anyone know about how long each segment of the journey takes?

I will send the I-130 --and wait for the notification form.
How long will this take?

then I will send the I-129F for the K-1 VISA

How long until the US Consulate in Gauangzhou, China will send out the
packet and then the interview?

Thanks

PS

If you know the time line for other countries but not China I would like to
know that also.

Old Nov 4th 2003, 5:55 pm
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold
Default my timeline

sorry charles, I dont know about China but here is how long, so far, for us.

we went thru California at a pretty slow time.. not sure if they are any quicker now..

and was also told that the upcoming interview could take 6 weeks ..

good luck
Old Nov 4th 2003, 6:00 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: my timeline

Originally posted by souls canuck
sorry charles, I dont know about China but here is how long, so far, for us.

we went thru California at a pretty slow time.. not sure if they are any quicker now..

and was also told that the upcoming interview could take 6 weeks ..

good luck
Hi Soulscanuck,
It appears that Charles is a usenet poster and therefore, will not be able to see the timeline that appears as your signature from British Expats.

~SecretGarden
~and Mr. Pink (Day 159, NSC)
5/29/03 1st NOA
Old Nov 4th 2003, 6:03 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Time involved I-130 and I-129f for K-1

Originally posted by Charles

How long will this take?

How long until the US Consulate in Gauangzhou, China will send out the
packet and then the interview?

Thanks

PS

If you know the time line for other countries but not China I would like to
know that also.
Hi Charles,

I believe you meant to say "for the K-3 visa". Check out www.k1k3.com to see some sample timelines.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Nov 4th 2003, 6:06 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Every case differs, but so far.. this is what Its been like for us.
Me: SPANIARD Hubby: US CITIZEN
-Married July 26!!!
-I-130 sent to Nebraska: 09/18/03
-I-130 (NSC) NOA1: 09/29/03
-I-129 sent to Chicago: 09/30/2003
-I-129 NOA1 issued 10/07/03
-I-129 NOA1 learned 10/14(USA)-15(SPAIN)/03

It is taking around 3 months to get a NOA2 from Missouri. At least that's what I have been told from almost every K3er I know. Lenght to Forward the petition from MSC to NVC: MM anytime from 2 weeks to a month (I was told this by a few K3ers.. but again every case is different)
Lenght to Forward the petition from NVC to Embassy: It depends.. some applications are forwarded to the embassy within only a week, and some of them spend ages over there .

Here's a link for some sample timelines:
http://www.mediabrew.com/k3/list.php
There is a US-Chinese timeline for k3 there , Couple number 33

How long will this take?

Each case is different, It took me 15 days to get our NOA1 from Nebraska.

K1 visa?, I think you mean K3 visa, When filing for a k1 you don't need to file the I-130 that is for k3 (Spouse visa). If you are filing for fiance(e), file this petition at the Service Center with jurisdiction over your area of residence.

If you are filing for your fiance(e) and live outside.

Fiancee?.. No I think you want to apply for a k3 which is a spouse visa .

How long until the US Consulate in Gauangzhou, China will send out the packet and then the interview?

As I said.. some applications are forwarded to the embassy within only a week, and some of them spend ages over there

Would you please give us more information such as where do you live now, what do you want to apply for K1 or K3?.

Let us know

Last edited by Hypertweeky; Nov 4th 2003 at 6:21 pm.
Old Nov 4th 2003, 6:18 pm
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold
Default thanks secret garden

still figuring out how this ol' board works..

hope he got the answers he was seeking..
Old Nov 4th 2003, 6:52 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Charles,

If your are not married then you do not want to be sending an I-130 petition. And if you are married then your wife cannot apply for a K1 visa.

The time required for the BCIS to adjudicate petitions depends on which BCIS Service Center has jurisdiction. It is independent of the beneficiary's nationality.

The time required for a consulate to process the visa application varies widely from country to country, China being one of the longest.

You can get good information, and a lot of empathy, about dealing with the consulate in Guangzhau by joining the Yahoo group Asian-American Couples. The vast majority of the people there have Chinese spouses and fiance(e)s.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Charles

How long will this take?

How long until the US Consulate in Gauangzhou, China will send out the packet and then the interview?

Thanks

PS

If you know the time line for other countries but not China I would like to know that also.