Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Suggestions please-HELP!!! Another e-mail from London saying "forms not received"!!!

Suggestions please-HELP!!! Another e-mail from London saying "forms not received"!!!

Old Nov 4th 2002, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

Paul E is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Suggestions please-HELP!!! Another e-mail from London saying "forms not received"!!!

This is getting a bit ridiculous and frustrating. I've backed off on sending e-mail inquiries to London regarding our interview date and case status (K3/K4 for wife and her daughter...we have a London case #).

The paperwork (packet 3 and checklist) was noted as "received" by Royal Post people by Embassy on 15 October 2002. (3 weeks tomorrow)

I just received an e-mail reply to my last inquiry from last Wednesday once again indicating "We have not received the completed forms for this case."

I ask now...is this normal?...and I know I've asked this before but I'm getting to panic mode now and wonder if indeed the documents aren't even there!!!

What do I/we do???

1) Sit and wait?? (some of you guys say this is normal as there's nothing in the system until it's actually "input" into the computer)
2) Request another packet and resubmit everything??
3) Submit another e-mail request later in week?
4) Send a letter or fax to embassy?

Any and all suggestions/comments most appreciated

I'm going grey here... Think I'll submit a request to see if we can create a smiley with gray hair on it.
Old Nov 4th 2002, 12:44 pm
Scarlett

Default Re: Suggestions please-HELP!!! Another e-mail from London saying "forms not received"!!!

hi

they took three weeks to get my papers 'received' on computer. i'd give them
one more week before you start panicking. but i do understand what you're going
through. keep us posted.

regards
-=-
scarlett

Old Nov 4th 2002, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

Paul E is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Scarlett...I feel just a bit better now. Did you inquire via e-mail as well and get the same messages that I'm getting??
Old Nov 4th 2002, 2:25 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Paul,

I rang up the same day they sent me the interview letter (packet 4) and they said it wasn't on the computer and to ring back in a couple of weeks so pay no attention. It is sat on somebodies desk and as cow kickin' frustrating that is at least its on someones desk. My advice to you is to do one of the following

1. Find a cable channel showing a 24 hour 'Murder she wrote' marathon and watch it - this should numb your brain sufficiently as to make you not care.

2. Get drunk and stay drunk

3. Dance naked down Houston High Street - this won't make you less frustrated but at least you won't be able to ring or email the US Embassy from Texas State Penatentory for the clothing impaired.

Patrick

Please note, do not attempt to drive or work heavy machinery after watching 'Murder she wrote'.

Last edited by Patrick; Nov 4th 2002 at 2:28 pm.