sealed brown envelope

Old Jan 19th 2003, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Susie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default sealed brown envelope

I'm a little bit confused about something... I've heard references to the brown sealed envelope that you give to INS at the POE and also about the sealed envelope I will receive from the INS approved doctor for my K-3 medical?

These are 2 separate unrelated sealed envelopes right?

Does anyone know or have a link to somewhere that lists what exactly is in the 'sealed brown envelope' that is given to the POE? I went to the webpage with that name but couldnt find a description of exactly what was in it?

Anyone know?

Thanks!
Old Jan 19th 2003, 10:50 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sealed brown envelope

Originally posted by Susie
I'm a little bit confused about something... I've heard references to the brown sealed envelope that you give to INS at the POE and also about the sealed envelope I will receive from the INS approved doctor for my K-3 medical?

These are 2 separate unrelated sealed envelopes right?

Does anyone know or have a link to somewhere that lists what exactly is in the 'sealed brown envelope' that is given to the POE? I went to the webpage with that name but couldnt find a description of exactly what was in it?

Anyone know?

Thanks!
Hi,

the sealed envelope from the medical is just your xray, you are never asked for it again.

The sealed brown envelope from the Embassy is basically your file, they opened the envelope up in front of me and basically it contains a copy of everything you have sent to them. Nothing secret or no anything by the looks of it

Patrick
Old Jan 20th 2003, 12:27 am
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Patrick
Hi,

the sealed envelope from the medical is just your xray, you are never asked for it again.

The sealed brown envelope from the Embassy is basically your file, they opened the envelope up in front of me and basically it contains a copy of everything you have sent to them. Nothing secret or no anything by the looks of it

Patrick
Patrick: The sealed brown envelope contains the results of your medical exam as well as everything else the consulate had on file for you. From what I was told it has your xray in microfilm form as well. This is why I never bothered to carry my xray to the US with me.
To answer the question from the original poster, I have lifted the following off the K1 FAQ:

4.5)...Just what is inside that sealed envelope anyway?
A..(newsgroup).. Someone had asked me about the contents of the envelope from the consulate. It contained all the original I-129F documents, the K-1 forms which I completed for the consulate, our photos, birth and divorce certificates, my medical report, and the affidavit of support.
A..(newsgroup).. Just thought in case anyone is interested the mysterious brown envelope is all the documents that the US Citizen submitted for the K-1 and all of the K-1's physical and approval from the embassy. Ours was not sealed so we had to take a peek at it.

And here's the link to the K1 FAQ itself. Read it very carefully. It absolutely answers all (or most) of your questions.
http://www.txdirect.net/users/mike38/k1faq.htm
Old Jan 21st 2003, 6:02 am
Steggy

Patrick wrote:
    >
    > Originally posted by Susie
    > > I'm a little bit confused about something... I've heard references to
    > > the brown sealed envelope that you give to INS at the POE and also
    > > about the sealed envelope I will receive from the INS approved doctor
    > > for my K-3 medical?
    > >
    > > These are 2 separate unrelated sealed envelopes right?
    > >
    > > Does anyone know or have a link to somewhere that lists what exactly
    > > is in the 'sealed brown envelope' that is given to the POE? I went to
    > > the webpage with that name but couldnt find a description of exactly
    > > what was in it?
    > >
    > > Anyone know?
    > >
    > > Thanks!
    >
    > Hi,
    >