Removal of Conditions

Old Aug 31st 2005, 9:20 pm
fun
Forum Regular

fun is on a distinguished road
Default Removal of Conditions

Hi everyone,

I was wondering where I need to apply for removal of conditions. I live in New Jersey and I think I need to apply in Vermont? Also, how long does it take and can I apply before 90 days of the expiration of the green card. What if it takes longer than 90 days to process. Does my status expire....can I work/travel? Thanks so much!
Old Aug 31st 2005, 9:29 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Removal of Conditions

Originally Posted by fun
Hi everyone,

I was wondering where I need to apply for removal of conditions. I live in New Jersey and I think I need to apply in Vermont? Also, how long does it take and can I apply before 90 days of the expiration of the green card. What if it takes longer than 90 days to process. Does my status expire....can I work/travel? Thanks so much!
Hi fun,

You apply to the Service Center in your location. Without looking it up, I'm not sure, but Vermont sounds about right.

It can take up to a year or so, to have your I-751 adjudicated.

No, you can't apply before the 90-day window. If you do, it will be rejected and you'll lose your filing fee.

Yes, it will take longer than 90 days to process.

No, your status does not expire.

Yes, you can work and travel. I believe you will receive an extension letter which you can bring in to your local office and get another I-551 extension stamp in your passport for travel purposes.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Aug 31st 2005, 9:30 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Also just wanted to add that if you become eligible to apply for citizenship while you're waiting for your I-751 to process, you can go ahead and apply for citizenship without waiting for the I-751 approval.

Rene
Old Aug 31st 2005, 9:39 pm
fun
Forum Regular

fun is on a distinguished road

Thanks.
Old Aug 31st 2005, 9:45 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fun
Hi everyone,

Have you read this page yet?
It answers all of your questions:
http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/remcond.htm
How Do I Remove the Conditions on Permanent Residence Based on Marriage?