Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Relationship Letter for AOS

Relationship Letter for AOS

Old May 12th 2001, 3:26 pm
Linda

Is it assumed that relationship letters are needed for the AOS interview? Is it in
the fine print somewhere?

If they are needed, what should be included in the letters and could I just type out
a few and have people sign them? I hate to impose or wait for people to write them.

Thanks, Linda

Old May 12th 2001, 4:31 pm
nospam

Linda, It is not necessary to take them with you. But it won't hurt to get them from
your friends. We got two letters from our close frieds for our AOS interview. But the
officer never looked at them thought. Here is the URL address for a sample if you
want to get those letters.

http://www2.apex.net/users/thehydes/AOS2.html

Best of luck.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old May 12th 2001, 4:40 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

The need arises when and if the INS sends you a list of items needed for the AOS interview. Remember, however, that you don't need each and every item on the list but at least 60% of the things requested. If you have enough documentation to show that you co-habit as a married couple, i.e. joint financial accounts, bills, lease and/or deed, insurances (health, dental, life, car), photographs of you two together at the wedding, family gatherings, etc., can bypass the personal letters from family and friends attesting to your togetherness.

It is definitely needed for the removal of conditions when you file the I-751 as they will help affirm your continued marital status and perhaps negate the need for another INS interview to substain an examination of that relationship on a face to face meeting with an INS examiner.

Rita