recent k3 approvals

Old Nov 1st 2002, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

venkimani is an unknown quantity at this point
Default recent k3 approvals

hi all
my wife applied k3(I129f) for me .she is a US citizen and i am a indian and got married on july 15....she received her first noa for k3 on 24/sep/02............and we are waiting for the approval ...........wish to know any recent approvals done for k3....i have been watching out the web to get any ............but in vain ............is there any delay becos of terorist attack in processing k3 for asian counties ...........i would like to know that as well
Old Nov 1st 2002, 2:33 pm
Modelfocus

Default Re: recent k3 approvals

>my wife applied k3(I129f) for me .she is a US citizen and i am a indian
    >and got married on july 15....she received her first noa for k3 on
    >24/sep/02............and we are waiting for the approval ...........wish
    >to know any recent approvals done for k3.

It seems like there have only been a few approved in recent days. I've only
seen less than 5 on this board. According to the MSC, they are processin
8/02/02 but there are still people waiting from late May. You have a long wait.
Best wishes.

Christian
1st K3 NOA 6/17 and waiting

Old Nov 2nd 2002, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

thanks modelfocus
i guess i have a long way to go .....and just need to wait and nothing can be done
thanks for u r reply
Old Nov 2nd 2002, 4:35 am
Rcn

First NOA August 3rd 2002. Married July 18th. Pakistan, Islamabad.
Waiting.....

"Modelfocus" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > >my wife applied k3(I129f) for me .she is a US citizen and i am a indian
    > >and got married on july 15....she received her first noa for k3 on
    > >24/sep/02............and we are waiting for the approval ...........wish
    > >to know any recent approvals done for k3.
    > It seems like there have only been a few approved in recent days. I've
only
    > seen less than 5 on this board. According to the MSC, they are processin
    > 8/02/02 but there are still people waiting from late May. You have a long
wait.
    > Best wishes.
    > Christian
    > 1st K3 NOA 6/17 and waiting

Old Nov 2nd 2002, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

sarbpreet_812 is an unknown quantity at this point

Do u know full processing of k3 visa. My husband is US citizen and i am indian, he got first NOa on june 4th and approval from missouri on 22nd october so what will be next step. My file will come to delhi or still it has to go to nabraska and again we have to wait another two months. i will be very thankful if u help me to get all processing of k3 visa how it works.

sarbpreet.

Originally posted by venkimani
thanks modelfocus
i guess i have a long way to go .....and just need to wait and nothing can be done
thanks for u r reply
Old Nov 4th 2002, 2:28 am
cjrivers_2000

1st NOA May 28,
2nd NOA Oct 24,
married in China

hi all
my wife applied k3(I129f) for me .she is a US citizen and i am a indian and got married on july 15....she received her first noa for k3 on 24/sep/02............and we are waiting for the approval ...........wish to know any recent approvals done for k3....i have been watching out the web to get any ............but in vain ............is there any delay becos of terorist attack in processing k3 for asian counties ...........i would like to know that as well

Old Nov 5th 2002, 3:10 am
Forum Regular

HI cjrivers,
So can u tell when u will get the visa.Here my husband got 2nd NOA on 22 nd october. I heard after approval its take two weeks to go file to consulate but its 15 days today but still i didn't got any letter from consulate.

Originally posted by cjrivers_2000
1st NOA May 28,
2nd NOA Oct 24,
married in China
Old Nov 7th 2002, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

hi sarbpreet_812

i think u should have got packet 3 info from the delhi consulate by this time ...if not ask u r hubby to fax the second noa to the consulate that might help............these are just based on my understanding and the knowledge gained from the net ....so need not be a hard and fast rule..........ask him to fax the approval and u contact the consulate regarding the same thru mail......once u got the packet 3 info from the delhi consulate i guess u know how to proceed as there is guidence for every thing u fill and the medical to be done .....hope u get thru the visa soon
advance congradualation
bye
Old Nov 7th 2002, 6:36 am
cjrivers_2000

I think NVC will send a mail to my husband when my case is forwarded to consulate,also give a new tracking no. which the consulate can recognize...haven't got it yet,will keep updating.

Originally posted by sarbpreet_812
HI cjrivers,
So can u tell when u will get the visa.Here my husband got 2nd NOA on 22 nd october. I heard after approval its take two weeks to go file to consulate but its 15 days today but still i didn't got any letter from consulate.

Old Nov 7th 2002, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

you mean to say that you r hubby will receive a mail after the second NOA ............if so what does it contains?
i guess the second NOA has a number and date of approval ....is n't that enough for further processing
does it(the mail as per u ) contains any info abt when they have sent the file to the concerned consulate ? I read in some of the success stories specifying something called as packet3 ....not sure if it is send to the person at US or to the person at the consulate end ...can u please clarify once u got the info abt the mail that u expect
warm regards
Old Nov 8th 2002, 3:07 am
Moneypenny

I am a US Citizen [Indian origin] who filed a K-3 for my wife in India.

1st NOA dated July 21.

Was processed and received a RFE (my birth certificate was lost from my file, apparently) on the 29th.

Have sent back the information today. I would expect to hear something within the next couple of weeks.

I assume that with the speed, I didn't receive an IBIS hit.

The waiting is long, but you just have to stay calm.

Good luck on your cases.

Old Nov 8th 2002, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

kindia is an unknown quantity at this point

Moneypenny,
Could you please tell me when did you recieve your RFE from Missouri and could you please post your timeline.Thanks

regards
kindia
Old Nov 8th 2002, 3:37 am
Forum Regular

HI venkimani,
Thank you so much for sending me the needed imformation my husband is looking for everything very properly , he calls to delhi embassy almost everyday but as we got i-130 approval so they say it takes time to process i-130 visa about three months. Because i will get green card straight way after i get into US. so i hope things go better way and fast. But still we have to wait for another three months. My husband got his packet3 yesterday and now he has to send all the needed imformation to consulate and affidavit of support to me soon.so all together the processing will take time when i see my husband i hope this imformatiom will help others viewrs too.
One more things i don't know how this happened but we got i-130 approval faster than k3. My hsuband went to his NVC personally and got imformation that k3 is not good visa to get, there are some limitaion of it:
1. IN I-130 visa we get astraight work permit and tavelling permit but in k3 we can't.
2. After getting k3 we have to file all the apares in US again and we have to wait 6 to 9 months to get green card and work permit. so just stay home for 6 months which looks stupid.
3. We have to pay another fees when applying in US again so wating of money.
My husband got both approval for i-130 as well as k3. He applied for i-130 in april and k3 in may,it will take 3 months to get i-140 but one to k3 but we going to proceed for i-130 instead of k3 now because i-130 is safe and permanent immigration.

with regards,
sarbpreet.

hi sarbpreet_812

i think u should have got packet 3 info from the delhi consulate by this time ...if not ask u r hubby to fax the second noa to the consulate that might help............these are just based on my understanding and the knowledge gained from the net ....so need not be a hard and fast rule..........ask him to fax the approval and u contact the consulate regarding the same thru mail......once u got the packet 3 info from the delhi consulate i guess u know how to proceed as there is guidence for every thing u fill and the medical to be done .....hope u get thru the visa soon
advance congradualation
bye
Old Nov 8th 2002, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

hi sarbpreet_812

congrats .....thats a very happy news in the morning .....so packet 3 comes to person who applied at US and he need to file the info with the concern embassy i guess....I-130 is a good option to proceed with as u said its permanent green card with work permit in it .....In K3 also u can file for work permit along with u r I129f form as per ins site
but as u said when we are not sure of k3 better wait and do it later ....
i really wonder why k3 took so long and I-130 was so quick in your case
i guess k3 is intented to reduce the processing time of I-130 ...but i guess now the purposse is not accomplished becos of late processing
any way all govt creates process for not acheiving the objective i guess
thanks for active participation
do stay in touch at [email protected]
and advance congrats for u
so u r happy moments are not far
god is great
warm regards
Old Nov 8th 2002, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

Dipty Jardosh is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sarbpreet,
If there is one thing I admire about you thats patience. Even my husband applied for the K3 and I-130 in June 2002 and we got the I-130 approval from California Service Center early this week but still await the approval for the K-3.

I will keep in touch with you and also update you on how the processing goes. I am in Mumbai. Request you to forward your personal email address to me so we can stay in contact to check on the progress.

And from my queries I also understand that its a better decesion to stay in India and get the approval done on I-130 if it means the difference in time is not much.

Regards,

Dipty

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.