Wikiposts

recent k3 approvals

Old Jan 10th 2003, 4:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

salooni110 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: recent approval

hi i was just reading the old posts, and i came across this one. i heard some people got their I-130 approved b4 the k3?? isnt the point of the k3 to speed up the 130? im so confused. how does the 130 work so fast? can somone plz clear this up. should i apply for k3 or just wait for the 130 to go through? how long does it usually take?I just mailed the 130 and other forms on dec 27, stil waiting for the reciept so i can file k3, or should i ?
helppppppp
arghhhhhhhh
Old Jan 10th 2003, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

Dipty Jardosh is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes it did happen to us we got I-130 approved before K3 but post processing of K3 is faster then I130 so we opted to go for the K3 visa..
Old Jan 11th 2003, 12:22 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Time span

I think it depends on the Service Center you are dealing with for the 130. If it is TSC with their famous 500-600 days to process a 130, (working on cases from beginning of June 2001) then the K3 is going to be faster. The other centers seem to be working on cases with dates from THIS summer so only 5-7 months behind when you filed your 130. So if the K3 approvals are taking from 4-5 months then it is possible that the two times could merge.
Old Jan 11th 2003, 4:17 am
Forum Regular

ccqiu is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by salooni110
how does the 130 work so fast? can somone plz clear this up.
It's because the K3s were processed very slow at one point. Not that I-130 "worked" super fast.

Base on current speed, if you are not going through TSC, your I-130 approval may come out of INS in about 6 months -- and the DS and the port will need about another 4-6 months to get your visa issued.

So just go ahead and spend another $110 to file a K3. There is nothing to lose except the fee.

Remember that the INS will go to a brand new department DHS soon, so who knows what will happen down the road -- previous and current processing speed may be totally different in the near future.
Old Jan 13th 2003, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

sarbpreet_812 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi salooni,
i applied for 130 in april 2001 and got approval on 22nd oct. 2002 but applied for k3 on 24th may 2002 and got approval on 22nd nov. 2002. so i think k3 is fast and best. i got my interview date on 24th feb. 2003 so u should apply for k3 , i hope this will help u,
which consulate u dealing with.
sarbpreet.

Originally posted by salooni110
hi i was just reading the old posts, and i came across this one. i heard some people got their I-130 approved b4 the k3?? isnt the point of the k3 to speed up the 130? im so confused. how does the 130 work so fast? can somone plz clear this up. should i apply for k3 or just wait for the 130 to go through? how long does it usually take?I just mailed the 130 and other forms on dec 27, stil waiting for the reciept so i can file k3, or should i ?
helppppppp
arghhhhhhhh
Old Jan 13th 2003, 3:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

salooni110 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default godspeed

I will be dealing with the Islamabad consulate in Pakistan where my husband is rite now.
i hope it doesnt take more than 6 months
pray for me
good luck to u all.