Question

Old Nov 3rd 2002, 4:04 am
Erwin

Default Question

Fiance on a student visa can she apply for a fiance visa and get the
interview where she studies?

Old Nov 3rd 2002, 6:11 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question

Originally posted by Erwin
From everything I've ever read, the K-1 interview is held at a US consulate in the foreign fiance(e)'s home country, regardless of where that person is residing at the time.

So, most likely, even if your fiancee is living in the United States as a student, she would have to return home for her K-1 interview.

I'm not 100% sure about this, but that would be my impression, based on what I've read. I'm sure others will have more advice to give than I.

~ Jenney
Old Nov 3rd 2002, 7:02 pm
Mrs_blackross

"Erwin" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Fiance on a student visa can she apply for a fiance visa and get the
    > interview where she studies?

If she is already in the US and you are a US citizen, there is no need for a
fiance visa, you can simply get married and she can file the I-130/I-485 and
adjust status without leaving. The fiance visa is used for someone who is
outside the US wanting to enter for the purpose of marrying a US citizen;
since she is already here, you would be wasting time and money by applying
for a fiance visa. I believe the only exception to this would be if she is
here on a J visa that has a 2 year home residency requirement.

Old Nov 3rd 2002, 7:15 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Erwin
Yes. Say your foreign fiancee is Chinese and is on a valid student visa in Canada. The USC can apply for the I-129F at the service center for their jurisdiction and on the line where one chooses the US Consulate of designation, put in Vancouver or Montreal (whichever one is closest). She will still be required to get the necessary police clearance from her country and the country she is currently living in and can get the medical in the country she is living in.

Rete